Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rule Book Posted!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by John Orchard View Post
    I think we should print new CMRA T-shirts that have a number 1 plate on the front - sell them at the merchandise booth...everyone who wants one can have one. Problem solved! ;)
    Best comment in this entire discussion!

Well done Sir!
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Quote Originally Posted by Rab McNaught View Post
    Let’s not forgot that we already have two number one plates this year. One for novice and one for expert. ....
    Yep, the start of the slippery slope instigated in the '17 rules.

Not too late to 'correct' that in the '18 rules, for '19 and forward.

Interesting to note that as of the last posted Competition Number update (1:59PM 1/12/18) Mr. Raboin, the '17 Novice Champion, hasn't yet submitted his application formalizing his election to run that that special crimson #1 in '18. Tyler earned and deserves it, perhaps he should be the first and last with the distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Orchard View Post
    I think we should print new CMRA T-shirts that have a number 1 plate on the front - sell them at the merchandise booth...everyone who wants one can have one. Problem solved! ;)
    Best comment in this entire discussion!

Well done Sir!
    Spot-on, gentlemen.

(Yeah, after consideration of the ideas and arguments advanced, IMHO "1" should remain the loneliest number when it comes to CMRA Sprint Plates)
    Last edited by Alan Etheredge; 01-13-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    [QUOTE=Alan Etheredge;343757]Yep, the start of the slippery slope instigated in the '17 rules.

Interesting to note that as of the last posted Competition Number update (1:59PM 1/12/18) Mr. Raboin, the '17 Novice Champion, hasn't yet submitted his application formalizing his election to run that that special crimson #1 in '18. Tyler earned and deserves it, perhaps he should be the first and last with the distinction.

I’ve submitted my license and will be running the crimson #1

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Raboin View Post

Well deserved, Sir!

Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    One #1 plate
    Exclude age/gender classes from the #1 plate.
    Include "ALL" expert classes.

I kinda like that crimson #1. Gives novices more to compete for besides class championships. I wasn't even looking at the overall points last year until I was told about that novice #1 plate mid year.

All this was mentioned by different members and my opinion is its fair and makes sense.
    Last edited by Scott McDaniel; 01-13-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    [QUOTE=Tyler Raboin;343758]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Etheredge View Post
    Yep, the start of the slippery slope instigated in the '17 rules.

In the event Tyler forgets to do this, can I have a crimson #2?
    Just kidding guys, lets not start debating the #2 novice plate.

Danny's idea of declaring which 3 races are your "claiming" races for the season is the best solution if something has to be done to please all these guys whining about a plate they'll probably never win...

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Tackel View Post
    Danny's idea of declaring which 3 races are your "claiming" races for the season is the best solution if something has to be done to please all these guys whining about a plate they'll probably never win...
    Do you even race bro'?

You can call it whining if you like Matt but from time to time, things should be reviewed and discussed. I happen to agree with the reasons presented regarding the classes that were excluded as they are not inclusive as the other classes are (you can't buy the right bike to compete in F40 or Rookie expert. I get it.) I also agree with the statement that if you want to tailor your race program to compete for the #1, consult the rule book and build/buy your bikes accordingly. All valid points!

As for Jordan and I, we had a good bit of fun racing this year (well, I did anyway) and I think the results would likely be different if I was racing a 600 (I'd lose). There is no place to hide your deficiencies as a rider on a 600 that the extra horsepower of a 1000 can overcome. I'm also not interested in spending my money to prove or disprove that. My point is the following; the premise for the exclusion of these classes was that they presented an unfair opportunity to certain riders (true) to which my counter is that IF fairness is your concern than lets address the inequities within the whole system (number of races for a 600, 1000, Lwt, etc). Clearly, that was not the goal, nor was having more "direct competition". I thought it might have been time to present adopting a system of points which more closely represents that of the professional racing organizations many of the younger folks in the club aspire to be a part of. Clearly, its been presented before and clearly, I was wrong. Still, I think the discussion has been worthwhile. Not whining.

Lastly, lets say Rider A races LWT bikes and 600s and wins 9 classes, of which only his best three finishes every weekend go towards the overall. Rider B is racing a liter bike and wins all three classes and has a perfect season (wins every race). At the end of the year, they are tied in points. Who should get the number one plate if they never once competed directly against each other. Please answer rider A or B.

And as I was told many times during my training, only ask questions you know the answer to because this may or may not have happened before.

See you all in a few weeks. This has been quite fun. I feel rather RAB-ulous! (see what I did there?)
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Caruso View Post
    Lastly, lets say Rider A races LWT bikes and 600s and wins 9 classes, of which only his best three finishes every weekend go towards the overall. Rider B is racing a liter bike and wins all three classes and has a perfect season (wins every race). At the end of the year, they are tied in points. Who should get the number one plate if they never once competed directly against each other. Please answer rider A or B.
    C BOTH ;)
    #I'm a Contrarian LOL, having said that, were this a TRUE A or B Question, I'd say B, as other rider used 3 of 9 classes to get there if some classes had fewer riders....Rider B had no such grace, or margin of error.

Or was this a rhetorical question Doc LOL

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Can't we just google it?
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98