Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rule Book Posted!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Walter: "In this format we would have direct competition to earn a #1 plate as opposed to our current system where there is often none."

This is the best point in the entire thread and alone makes the case to change the current system. Thanks Walter!

David: "I think you would see more participation in more classes..."

Maybe this will prompt someone to try an Eddie Lawson (Superbike, 250 Champ same season).

And for the record, Jordan would beat me on a 600. An extra 60 bhp is a great equalizer.

It will be interesting to see how the BD responds to this one.
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    I like this idea. In this format we would have direct competition to earn a #1 plate as opposed to our current system where there is often none. A premiere series with F1, F2, C Superbike, and ULWGP that would have qualifying for grid positions and award a #1 plate in each class. I’m going to propose this to the BoD.
    Heck. Yes.
    Allen Dye

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab McNaught View Post
    One question for Walter:

1. Now that Superbike C and F2 have qualifying - is there going to be an increased entry for these classes, like F1 is now? Also, if so, do these races not qualify for the multi-entry discount? Sounds a fun format and now that a few races are eliminated from the schedule, this can take up some of the schedule time.
    Walter - Didn't see an answer to this, but have an related question as well: Will the qualifying all be together, or will each have their on qualifying session?
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I like this idea. In this format we would have direct competition to earn a #1 plate as opposed to our current system where there is often none. A premiere series with F1, F2, C Superbike, and ULWGP that would have qualifying for grid positions and award a #1 plate in each class. I’m going to propose this to the BoD.
    Like!
    David Roy
    Owner
    North Texas Superbikes
    www.northtexassuperbikes.com . 817.845.4051

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    Walter - Didn't see an answer to this, but have an related question as well: Will the qualifying all be together, or will each have their on qualifying session?
    Sorry I missed your original question. I can’t speak to the entriy fee question as we are still hashing that out. I will say that if we did create a premier series that an entry fee adjustment would be a possibility. As for how these classes will qualify, I don’t think they should all qualify together. There will likely be a split. F1 and C Superbike will qualify together and F2 would qualify separately. ULWGP would of course qualify on Saturday.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by David Roy View Post
    I agree with Joe. I think you would see more participation in more classes if there was a #1 plate for LW, 600, and 1000. Change the #1 background plate colors to Black, Red, and of course white.
    The 600 plates should be pink, though.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Felio View Post
    The 600 plates should be pink, though.
    Lol!!
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Blog Entries
    Whoever wins the most of these #1 plates will win THE #1 PLATE
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by David Roy View Post
    I agree with Joe. I think you would see more participation in more classes if there was a #1 plate for LW, 600, and 1000. Change the #1 background plate colors to Black, Red [!?, um, no, says the corner worker that can't say that word], and of course white.
    .... having thought through, of course, every database, administrative spreadsheet and results submission which utilizes a numeric-only bike number designator for sorting, improper redundancy checking and other purposes which may not lend easily to accommodating an 'added alpha designator' to distinguish between the different 'number ones'.

I can think of a number of current Administrative systems, practices and procedures that could be significantly impacted / require revision to accommodate non-unique numbers within the sprint series distinguished by plate background color only. Some that don't readily lend to 'conversion' from numeric to alpha-numeric designators, or even 'dummy number' designators like '1001', '2001', '3001', etc. due to dependency on 'conventional' numeric sorting algorithms.

Not saying it can't be done and not saying that administrative details should drive the organization, but please think hard about all those details and make sure they really are understood and accommodated before taking the plunge.

(Sorry, I've obviously not yet gotten the hang of not working registration, etc. and just sitting back to spectate)
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Thank you, Alan! I'm glad you're having trouble completely retiring.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)