Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rule Book Posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Pita Rangel View Post
    By looking at a few of those tracks... A good running TZ 250 could win the overall... that would be the coolest thing ever... especially if a girl was on it!
    I already sponsored my girl racer for this season! But yes, a TZ250 with Ryan Andrews on board could win it all!!!

Perhaps all the folks that are taking a hard look at that overall better trade in that 40 wt. racing oil for some good 'ol blenzall. Besides, it smells better.

Ok I have to stop everyone here.... if anyone thinks winning a number 1 plate is easy on a lwt bike, buy an sv and try and beat Adams... Iv seen the lap times and he earned the number 1! And why would there be multiple #1 plates.... it’s number 1 because there is only 1!!!! We could all put a #1 on our bikes and it would mean nothing.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dominguez View Post
    Ok I have to stop everyone here.... if anyone thinks winning a number 1 plate is easy on a lwt bike, buy an sv and try and beat Adams... Iv seen the lap times and he earned the number 1! And why would there be multiple #1 plates.... it’s number 1 because there is only 1!!!! We could all put a #1 on our bikes and it would mean nothing.
    It's pretty obvious that Danny isn't trying hard enough to beat him.
    I am always amazed watching the F2 class.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dominguez View Post

^^^ Listen to this guy! Mr. Win-back-2-back-races-on-literbike-then-girlie-bike
    Provisional Expert #98

Blog Entries
    This happens every year or so. Somebody is not happy with who won the #1 plate.

EVERYBODY knows the rules at the beginning of the year. If that's all you want is the #1 plate read the rules and go racing.

The last thing we need is to change the rules AGAIN.

If you want to win the #1 plate, have more than one bike and enter lots of races, because CMRA having many entries is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to keep this club going.

Some might say that is why it's called the #1 plate. I know I do.

The fastest bikes/riders are F1, we don't need two F1 #1 plates.
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hertell View Post
    This happens every year or so. Somebody is not happy with who won the #1 plate.

EVERYBODY knows the rules at the beginning of the year. If that's all you want is the #1 plate read the rules and go racing.

The last thing we need is to change the rules AGAIN.

If you want to win the #1 plate, have more than one bike and enter lots of races, because CMRA having many entries is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to keep this club going.

Some might say that is why it's called the #1 plate. I know I do.

The fastest bikes/riders are F1, we don't need two F1 #1 plates.
    Keith, I love you Brotherman, but you're really missing the point, there's no problems with the general way things used to be, nobody argued Doc Caruso DEFINITELY has earned his top 10 plates in years past. The thing you're failing to acknowledge is that EVERYONE can race their one bike in three qualifying classes for a #1 or top ten plate EXCEPT a Liter Superbike that isn't a V-Twin.....that means that the VERY FASTEST riders/bikes in our club, can no longer vie for that aspect on just one bike like everyone else can. So whilst you've "eliminated" those of us who are youth challenged by eliminating F40 Expert Classes from the fray, you've discriminated a whole new class of rider, the Superbike Liter Expert rider.

Ps I do NOT have a dog in this fight, I have a V-Twin Superbike, I'm simply pointing this out.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Schaffer View Post
    Keith, I love you Brotherman, but you're really missing the point, there's no problems with the general way things used to be, nobody argued Doc Caruso DEFINITELY has earned his top 10 plates in years past. The thing you're failing to acknowledge is that EVERYONE can race their one bike in three qualifying classes for a #1 or top ten plate EXCEPT a Liter Superbike that isn't a V-Twin.....that means that the VERY FASTEST riders/bikes in our club, can no longer vie for that aspect on just one bike like everyone else can. So whilst you've "eliminated" those of us who are youth challenged by eliminating F40 Expert Classes from the fray, you've discriminated a whole new class of rider, the Superbike Liter Expert rider.

Ps I do NOT have a dog in this fight, I have a V-Twin Superbike, I'm simply pointing this out.
    If you are building a SKB 1k that was your choice, you also had a choice to keep the 1k stock and race SS and SBK and F1. No one is forced to build an SBK 1k. If you want to race more races build a bike that qualifies for more races...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Pence View Post
    If you are building a SKB 1k that was your choice, you also had a choice to keep the 1k stock and race SS and SBK and F1. No one is forced to build an SBK 1k. If you want to race more races build a bike that qualifies for more races...
    Jordan, dang it, listen to me, those Liter Superbikes were built based on rules in years past. Think about what you're arguing here. All of a sudden folks that generally EARNED their top ten plate numbers, on SAME bike, are effectively eliminated by new rules. Seriously, hear what I'm saying. A bike build should last at least three season on a set of rules.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Pence View Post
    Agreed.