Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rule Book Posted!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dahms View Post
    ............ irregardless ..........................
    AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! NOT A WORD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mears View Post
    Actually it is a real word, just not a common one in the written world, however it is recognized by Webster as a real word, regardless of it necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Not until recently because people keep misusing it. Sort of like ain't It is still grammatically incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dahms View Post
    I agree with Jordan on this. The way it is set up now honors class champions and the #1 plate honors the most dominant over all irregardless of class.
    David, the ONLY reason this is being discussed is that an Open Superbike (that isn't a V-Twin) cannot win the #1 plate, nor can they win a top ten plate. So if a Dominant rider only has one Open Superbike, they would NEVER be duly recognized as the #1 Rider in the Club. There are other roadracing clubs that ONLY F1 Champ gets #1 plate, the 2-10 plates are best two classes over the weekend. (Personally that's a HUGE handicap for riding the fastest bikes around. Think about Doug Frenchek, if he ONLY had his R1M Superbike, he couldn't be #1 again, or any top 10 plate.) Again, I DON'T have a dog in this debate, I have a V-Twin Superbike, as does Rune Mehus....but Rune also has his BMW Superbike.

Danny's previously mentioned idea of the C and B class guys having to declare which races they are "claiming" for points would solve the issue of having to many races for one group of guys and not enough for another etc etc and it is very simple to do. You want to claim points for CSS, F1 and BSBK those are your 3 that you get points for all season even if you run CSBK and F40 as well in that mix.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mears View Post
    http://www.dictionary.com/e/is-irregardless-a-word/

Always love grammar police, I have a knack for provoking off topic interjections.....

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Irregardless of my misappropriated grammar, I completely understand the disadvantage the 1000 Superbike owners have towards the #1 plate. I like that the #1 plate is not reserved for the fastest riders in the paddock. I believe F1 class Championship is and should be reserved for that honor. I like that the #1 plate is for the rider that is most dominant in their respective classes. It gives a guy stupid enough to show up in Houston with 11 bikes in their pit a chance for the top 10, "regardless" of how slow they are....

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    In the words of Steve McNamara, "If you're tired of not getting the number one plate, buy a slower bike"...or something like that. I've always liked the idea of the number one plate being a combination of classes.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Schaffer View Post
    David, the ONLY reason this is being discussed is that an Open Superbike (that isn't a V-Twin) cannot win the #1 plate, nor can they win a top ten plate. So if a Dominant rider only has one Open Superbike, they would NEVER be duly recognized as the #1 Rider in the Club. There are other roadracing clubs that ONLY F1 Champ gets #1 plate, the 2-10 plates are best two classes over the weekend. (Personally that's a HUGE handicap for riding the fastest bikes around. Think about Doug Frenchek, if he ONLY had his R1M Superbike, he couldn't be #1 again, or any top 10 plate.) Again, I DON'T have a dog in this debate, I have a V-Twin Superbike, as does Rune Mehus....but Rune also has his BMW Superbike.
    A 1k could win a #1 plate still? There are 3 1k classes? F1 SSA SBA.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Pence View Post
    A 1k could win a #1 plate still? There are 3 1k classes? F1 SSA SBA.
    An Open Superbike is not SSA legal.