Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revised Rule Book Posted

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Exclamation Revised Rule Book Posted

A revised version of the 2018 Rule Book has been posted HERE. This version dated 1/22/18 supersedes all previous versions.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Any quick way to note the most recent changes? Thanks.
    '13 and '17 Daytonas
    '14 Duc 1199R
    '14 Grom
    South Central Race Center
    Pirelli

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Anyone have a chance to read page 12, section 3.13. "In the event of a Crash"

What is the "CMRA Potential Concussion Protocol (CPCP)" and who will be administering said protocol? What additional training have the CPCP administrators received?

Are either of these items listed somewhere?

1. What, if any, additional training or instruction are the corner marshals/CMRA officials going to receive in assessing the condition of a helmet after a crash?

2. If a rider has a benign fall (slow low side vs. debris trail back to Dallas) is the corner worker required to stop rider from re-entering the track if the bike is rideable to inspect the helmet, off the riders head, prior to him returning to the pits or will the corner marshall/CMRA official direct the rider and his minimally damaged rideable motorcycle back to the pit for inspection of both helmet and motorcycle by an official?

2. If a helmet is ever deemed to not pass technical inspection is that helmet done for the season? I would imagine yes as a helmet to the best of my knowledge cannot be repaired.

3. Is the helmet inspection going to be required after every crash or only when impact is suspected or when visible marks are present on the helmet? Low side vs. high side? Who's decision is this?

4. If a rider is deemed to have suffered a concussion, what limitations will be placed on the rider for the event and for the remainder of the season. The real danger with concussions is repetitive trauma over s short period of time. Will he be allowed to compete in the next event? Will he need a note from a physician? Will this mandate an ER visit? I have seen a lot of negative head CT scans with some pretty loopy patients and for liability issues almost no physician is going to clear you to resume activity without a head CT (read lots of dollar signs).

Asking for a friend.

Thanks,

Joe
    Last edited by Joseph Caruso; 01-29-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    What is the "CMRA Potential Concussion Protocol (CPCP)" and who will be administering said protocol? What additional training have the CPCP administrators received?

This is currently a placeholder. The BoD is reviewing potential protocols currently.

1. What, if any, additional training or instruction are the corner marshals/CMRA officials going to receive in assessing the condition of a helmet after a crash?

Again this is currently being reviewed.

2. If a rider has a benign fall (slow low side vs. debris trail back to Dallas) is the corner worker required to stop rider from re-entering the track if the bike is rideable to inspect the helmet, off the riders head, prior to him returning to the pits or will the corner marshall/CMRA official direct the rider and his minimally damaged rideable motorcycle back to the pit for inspection of both helmet and motorcycle by an official?

The current practice of inspection will be performed by the CMRA Safety personnel/officials in the paddock. No corner worker will make that decision.

2. If a helmet is ever deemed to not pass technical inspection is that helmet done for the season? I would imagine yes as a helmet to the best of my knowledge cannot be repaired.

This is correct, unless documentation from that helmet's manufacturer states that specific helmet has been inspected by them and will function 100% of its originally manufactured capabilities.

3. Is the helmet inspection going to be required after every crash or only when impact is suspected or when visible marks are present on the helmet? Low side vs. high side? Who's decision is this?

As of this writing the current procedure of inspection and re-tech of all helmets after any crash will continue. Just as your machine must be re-teched/inspected so must your helmet.

4. If a rider is deemed to have suffered a concussion, what limitations will be placed on the rider for the event and for the remainder of the season. The real danger with concussions is repetitive trauma over s short period of time. Will he be allowed to compete in the next event? Will he need a note from a physician? Will this mandate an ER visit? I have seen a lot of negative head CT scans with some pretty loopy patients and for liability issues almost no physician is going to clear you to resume activity without a head CT (read lots of dollar signs).

Again this is currently being review by the BoD.

Joe, We appreciate the questions. Feel free to ask or discuss any questions with myself or Walter.
    CMRA Asst. Race Director/Safety Officer/Medical Liaison/Outrider
    CMRA BoD Member 2018-2023
    Ex#29

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Really good questions Mr. Caruso.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thank you for the reply Ryan! I thought I might want to ask these questions before I bump my head and call you Walter (again).

Like that really happened...

The sooner these items are posted and addressed the better. This will allow us to avoid any confusion and frustration moving forward. Thanks for all you do for us Ryan. See you in a few weeks, preferably not in the grass with that "dude, where's my bike" expression.

And thank you to Walter and the BoD for taking these measures to keep us all safe.

-Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Mathews View Post
    Any quick way to note the most recent changes? Thanks.
    1/16/18 revisions:
    • Medical Officer added to list of officlals (Section 2)
    • Post-entry fee changed back to previous policy (no change from 2017) (3.4 Registration)
    • Passing under Standing Yellow is now prohibited; i.e. passing under any yellow flag is prohibited and subject to penalty (Section 4; Section 7.1)
    • ESS, ESB and ULWGP added to list of classes considered for Club Championship and Top Ten Expert Awards (Section 6.4)
    • Misc minor cleanup

1/22/18 Revision
    • DISCLOSURE (page ii) revised to reflect that Personal Accident Medical insurance is NOT furnished by the club (reference to PAM deleted).

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Alan Etheredge; 01-30-2018 at 06:45 AM.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Etheredge View Post
    1/16/18 revisions:
    • Post-entry fee changed back to previous policy (no change from 2017) (3.4 Registration)
    • Passing under Standing Yellow is now prohibited; i.e. passing under any yellow flag is prohibited and subject to penalty (Section 4; Section 7.1)
    • ESS, ESB and ULWGP added to list of classes considered for Club Championship and Top Ten Expert Awards (Section 6.4)
    • Misc minor cleanup

1/22/18 Revision
    • DISCLOSURE (page ii) revised to reflect that Personal Accident Medical insurance is NOT furnished by the club (reference to PAM deleted).

Hope that helps
    Glad I caught this post. That yellow flag change was not in the Dec. 28th version of the 2018 rule book I had already downloaded and reviewed for changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fields View Post
    Glad I caught this post. That yellow flag change was not in the Dec. 28th version of the 2018 rule book I had already downloaded and reviewed for changes.
    Betting (hoping) that'll get a mention by WW in early 2018 Rider's Meetings

#spreadtheword
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Etheredge View Post
    1/16/18 revisions:
    • Misc minor cleanup

1/22/18 Revision

Hope that helps
    Anyone else wondering what definition of "retired" Alan is working under?

THANKS ALAN!! Truly!