Thread: Air Ambulance

Air Ambulance

Team,

I have a question regarding medical services at the track. I currently am a flight paramedic and I was wondering why we don't have air ambulance service at the track during the event? I am very familiar with the services/industry and I know we used them several times last year and there was about a 10-20min delay in patient transports due to using the air services. With me being in the industry I know most air ambulance services will be more than happy to land the aircraft at the track and stand-by trackside for FREE until they get a call or their services are needed at the track. I am sure they will want to sell the air ambulance memberships from whatever company that is selected but this could potentially save the members from a 20,000$ bill or higher. I do believe some services will even offer a weekend membership at a reduced cost. I just think this seriously needs to be considered due to this last years incidents and delayed scene responses. In trauma EMS refers to the GOLDEN HOUR. I know if we have an air ambulance standby they will be able to make it to a hospital within that hour. If you have anymore questions please let me know. If you need help getting in contact with a service let me know. My years of experience in this industry has left me with several contacts.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Johnathan, let’s talk at MSRH.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Jonathan - great input. I look forward to the outcome of your discussion with Walter.
    EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018