Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP $4k

2012 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP $4k

Up for sale is my track bike. Factory Ohlins shock, wheels. After market dirt bars.
    Salvage-Rebuilt title. I can put plates on it of needed. 6500 miles and going up.
    There is rash on the right fairing from previous owner.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    So, mechanically sound apart from the issues you mentioned? Motor is good?
    Rab McNaught #430
    2022 Race Bikes: 2021 KTM Super Duke R, 2020 Yamaha R1, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (endurance)
    Former BoD member: 2018 to 2021

Motor is torquey and good. I am close to you in Plano if you want to kick the tires

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    OK, I'll come take a look tonight if you are around. I'll PM you.

Sold

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    So Shiraz, who worked on this bike last? It was in at AMS Ducati before it was written off, so they didn't do it. Whoever it was put in an SAE bolt into the Ducati brembo master cylinder and used a dirtbike mount on it. Then....they chewed the heads off the SAE allen bolt by using a metric allen key...

It bewilders me how anyone could be this useless...it's a brake component and it's not even held on the handlebars securely...and the threads are chewed out...fantastic

https://imgur.com/a/T13jI

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Was this bought at an auction recently? I just find it hard to believe that was someone's track bike with something like this done to it.

Totally get that things are sold as seen, but stuff like this is just not cool on a bike posted up on a forum like this. I should have brought my metric allen keys and checked everything on the bike LOL at me!

Rab I bought it in November. The work I did on it was exhaust, suspension bolt, new ducati risers etc. Everything I put on it i got from Ducati. I didn't check the bolt you are mentioning. I only have about 2 hours of riding time on it and hadn't worked out all kinks.
    Ive used the money right now but I can work on buying it back if that is what you want. It was not my intent to screw over anyone

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    It’s ok. I want to keep it. I’m glad I found the issue before as it could have been bad. Thanks for the explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rab McNaught #430
    2022 Race Bikes: 2021 KTM Super Duke R, 2020 Yamaha R1, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (endurance)
    Former BoD member: 2018 to 2021