Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated Certificate of Formation

Exclamation Updated Certificate of Formation

The Board of Directors is asking for the Membership to approve a new Certificate of Formation for the Association. The Certificate of Formation is the official organizing document for the Association; it is a public record on file with the Texas Secretary of State. Our Certificate dates back to 1991, when the Association was created, and it is outdated. The revised version would modernize the Association’s governing document so that it reflects best practices for a nonprofit volunteer organization in Texas. A copy of the revised Certificate can be reviewed here: Amended Certificate of Formation 20180408b.pdf

CMRA Members can vote from the period May 1 to May 15. An email from ElectionBuddy.com will be sent to all current CMRA Members on May 1.

The CMRA is a member-led organization and we need your participation to accomplish this necessary improvement. It is important that we receive as many votes as possible. PLEASE VOTE! It will take less than 5 minutes of your time.

If you have an updated email address or if you have questions or need more information, please contact me.
    Last edited by Nancy Selleck; 04-18-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Seems like a very simple, straightforward document. Could someone make a copy of the document available to the membership with the changed areas highlighted as well as a copy of the old document? That would make us all more informed voters. Thanks

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Williams View Post
    Seems like a very simple, straightforward document. Could someone make a copy of the document available to the membership with the changed areas highlighted as well as a copy of the old document? That would make us all more informed voters. Thanks
    I've already requested this as well. Nancy said she'll get the old document posted.

Thanks for the email Allan.

Here is a link to the 1991 Articles of Incorporation: Articles of Incorporation - 1991.pdf
    Nancy Selleck

Not an official or legal opinion but it looks to me like a nice cleanup, removes redundancies that are already covered in TX business code or federal 501(c)(7) rules, provides maximum flexibility allowed by governing state and federal rules as those may be revised in the future. Overall it strikes me that the amended version will be more robust over time.

I googled the newly identified registered agent to find http://www.eedlaw.com/ - I assume / hope our club's attorney for organizational matters, an impressive resume there.

Thanks, as always, to our Board of Directors and their counsel for keeping our club healthy in every respect, especially those details that most members take for granted and remain blissfully unaware are needed to keep things going strong.

I'm "In" and hope that all members will take the few minutes to vote accordingly.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    That's neat seeing old documents like that! You're right, that one is a bit outdated. The revised document seems much more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Etheredge View Post
    I googled the newly identified registered agent to find http://www.eedlaw.com/ - I assume / hope our club's attorney for organizational matters, an impressive resume there.
    Yes, Ms. Dorn is the CMRA's attorney, and we are certainly lucky to have her.
    Nancy Selleck

I had another question about where to find the Bylaws. They're posted on the Forms Page in the right-hand column here: http://www.cmraracing.com/attachment...7&d=1485812322
    Nancy Selleck

Status
    Expert
    VOTED !!!!!!

Thanks, Eric! It’s important that we get a good response to this vote!
    Nancy Selleck