Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMRA Administrator / Office Manager role filled - Welcome Alex Howard!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries

CMRA Administrator / Office Manager role filled - Welcome Alex Howard!!

As everyone is aware, Nancy Selleck recently announced her planned retirement. Nancy has graciously agreed to remain on longer than first announced to help with the overall transition of her role to the new candidate and Nancy will also be available in an ad-hoc basis as needed to ensure that the transition is smooth and complete.

Since posting the open position the Board of Directors, Walter and Nancy have reviewed the submitted qualifications of all candidates who submitted resumes and expressed interest in the open position. Following initial reviews of all candidates, two rounds of interviews were conducted with the top candidates whose skill set and background most closely matched requirements of the position.

I'm very happy to announce the hiring of Alex Howard (Humphries) as the new CMRA Administrator / Office Manager.

Alex raced with the CMRA for 8 years starting at age 12 and considers the CMRA her second home and family. Alex completed college and has been a teacher for the past four years in Waco which provides her with a unique skill set that is applicable to the role with the CMRA. While working as a teacher Alex served as a Faculty Representative on the Board of Directors for her school district. Alex has also served on several committees including Leadership development, Campus Improvement Planning and the Safety Committee. Additionally, Alex was nominated for teacher of the year for three years in a row, received public recognition for her work ethic and she was the first University of Texas student to be granted a teaching position at DAEP (disciplinary alternative education programs).

With Alex's teaching background and various professional accomplishments along with her passion for the CMRA we feel she is a an exceptional fit for the role with the organization. Alex began her training with Nancy this past weekend at MSR-H and she will continue training with Nancy at the CMRA office in Ft. Worth for the remainder of June and July at which time Alex will assume the full time role and we will begin steps to transition the CMRA office to Waco, TX where both Walter Walker and Alex reside.

I want to thank each of the candidates who took time to submit resume's as well as those who completed the interview process. Additionally, I would like to thank Harry Tomlinson for taking point on this effort and driving the process consistently and professionally from start to finish for the best result.

Please join me in welcoming Alex to her new role with the CMRA - we're all very excited to have you on board and work through the transition together!
    EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

So excited to welcome Alex!
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Cool! Welcome, Alex! I only met her once, when she and her dad came to my house to try on a suit. Stories I've heard of her and her riding (she was fast!) and now her résumé are encouraging.

Think her "unique skill set" from being a teacher means dealing with racers is like dealing with kids. Hmm...
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    Welcome !
    Bill Klindworth
    68 Still kicking... just a bit slower #737

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Welcome Alex

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Welcome Alex!

Woot! Glad to have you back Alex! Tell dad we said hi.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I am in the "school business" and know of Alex. Excellent choice. No doubt.
    Expert #325
    Boulder, Colorado

Congrats to Alex, Nancy, the BoD and the CMRA at large.

So many winners in this good news announcement ...
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Welcome, Alex! Glad to have you on board. :-)
    CMRA #75
    TipToes and Tonka Trucks Endurance #75
    Special thanks to R&R Tool and Die, G-Baby Racing, Cafe Racer