Thread: Anyone had their Akrapovic canister repaired?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Anyone had their Akrapovic canister repaired?

Had a low side and damaged my Akra carbon canister on my full evo system. I was told by someone that you can actually get those repaired instead of buying a new one. Has anyone heard of that before or have any suggestions on who to contact? Found some kits that ridersdiscount sells on ebay, but none of them specifically named my 09 zx6 with the full system as being compatible.

Thanks!
    Cody

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Stewart View Post
    Had a low side and damaged my Akra carbon canister on my full evo system. I was told by someone that you can actually get those repaired instead of buying a new one. Has anyone heard of that before or have any suggestions on who to contact? Found some kits that ridersdiscount sells on ebay, but none of them specifically named my 09 zx6 with the full system as being compatible.

Thanks!
    Cody
    Cody, you can buy the individual components to repair the cannister. I wasn't able to find the parts from anyone within the club, but you should give that a try first. If not, I was able to contact STG and they got the parts out quickly. I got a new sleeve and end cap along with new straps, rivets and decals. Maybe $200? I also picked up a tail pipe repair tool to fix the dinged intermediate pipe ding.
    Allen Dye

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks Allen! Got John to send me the repair kit. Technically, they don't have the repair kit for my bike, nor does the US distributor sell the canister for my bike. I can buy one from France for $1000 :/

But we found one that will work and going to order it. $245 is a lot better than $1k. Next time, I'll be sure to crash on the left side, lol.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Stewart View Post
    Thanks Allen! Got John to send me the repair kit. Technically, they don't have the repair kit for my bike, nor does the US distributor sell the canister for my bike. I can buy one from France for $1000 :/

But we found one that will work and going to order it. $245 is a lot better than $1k. Next time, I'll be sure to crash on the left side, lol.
    Yeah dude, def crash on the side that does the least damage. It's a skill I've developed over the years. Kinda….
    Allen Dye