Thread: BBE Series and Super Team owners

Alex Howard

BBE Series and Super Team owners

To our CMRA BBE and ST Team Owners:

We'd like to thank you for competing in this year's BBE series, and due to some financial circumstances and weather issues, we are canceling the NOLA round in October. While you have made a valiant effort to keep the series alive, we have to modify the August round to cover the track costs. This means restructuring the Saturday schedule. But we are not going to eliminate your endurance round completely. As announced at the Open Board meeting on July 27th, we are modifying the day to the new Superteams in an effort to increase the opportunity for more of our members to participate.

In recognition of your efforts in fielding a team this year, we'd like to extend you this invitation to compete at the final round for BBE and give it a good send off.

We are automatically including the current BBE participants in the new Superteams for August with your points and class standings intact should you choose to participate. You will receive points for your finishes to go towards your season's standings and championships.

The rules package for the new Superteams is as follows:

2hrs 15 min
    $200
    Can be run:
    - as a one-person iron butt
    - as a team like T60 with each rider riding their own bike (up to 4 people)
    - as an endurance team (2-5 riders, 1 bike)
    Basically, how you run it is up you--whatever combination you have (3 guys /2 bikes, 1 guy/multiple bikes, 4 guys/1 bike, etc.).

The classes are Formula1, C class, Formula 2, (SV's, 600, 750, 1000 bikes). We just want you to get on the track & have fun & get as many bikes out there as we can!

- there's a qualifying session (put your fastest rider on the bike)
    - this race includes the expanded Saturday morning practice at no additional charge.
    - all current BBE teams are automatically grandfathered in in their current configurations (bikes, riders, etc.) if you choose to run it. By grandfathered in, I mean you can run your current bike with all endurance modifications that you have on it & current riders, etc.

We truly appreciate your participation in the BBE series and look forward to seeing you at the August round at MotorSports Ranch August 17-19.

Thanks!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks for the deets and effort. Seems interesting, especially the iron butt option; hope to see someone do that. The qualifying session seems strange; I’m curious of the reason, since it seems of little benefit for a 135 minute race
    Provisional Expert #98

qualifying is to set a proper grid.. THERE WILL BE NO OVERALL POINTS COUNT. Each class will have a championship ……. all be advised that the endurance tanks are grandfathered in for the remaining.but 2019 RULE WILL BE A STANDARD CAPACITY TANK (your choice of drybrake, stock cap,vortex screw on etc)
    Last edited by Danny Dominguez; 08-02-2018 at 04:45 PM.

To CLARIFY and get rid of a bit of confusion , BBE TEAMS continue entering the same class you have been running , the superteams format is not for you but will be run at the same time.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    So for BBE will we be running 1 bike or is it open to multiple bikes like Superteams? Just want to make sure I am reading that correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorke Oldfather View Post
    So for BBE will we be running 1 bike or is it open to multiple bikes like Superteams? Just want to make sure I am reading that correct.
    Yorke, I thought your request was to "finish out the BBE series"....Run exactly the way you have been running BBE, OR if your going to run multiple bikes then you are now a new SUPERTEAM with zero points.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    HA! No I prefer it to stay 1 bike, but the way I was reading it, as did one other team owner. It sounded like BBE was a free for all on bikes, riders, etc. And we may also run a separate "Super Teams" Team, so everyone gets to race. I even had the crazy thought of doing it by myself, but then I remembered the IV Drip at Houston and thought, Ahhhh, NO. LOL! Thanks for the clarification, it is a little ambiguous in the way it's worded, at least to me and one other team owner.

And I appreciate you and the other Board of Directors, listening to us and allowing us to put this baby to bed properly.

Status
    Expert
    Most of you will never know how HARD our BOD works for us, unless you get on the BOD. They are the BEST group of people , looking after us and our Club !!!!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    More information on Championship Endurance and Superteams can be found HERE.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)