Thread: ULW classes for next year

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

ULW classes for next year

Looks like we doubled entries for 500SB for round 7 vs. round 6 by running it in a separate race from ULWGP. Thank you for making this happen!!
    I propose we further separate the 500 classes for Novice and Expert so those points will count toward an overall for next year.
    Given the popularity of the R3 and the 400 "probably the hot bike for next year" I think we can increase entries even more if we offer a Novice and Expert championship in these classes.
    Walter, this is the type of class changes I was referring to in the previous thread. If we can get this information out to the club by the last round, members can make some decisions on what they'd like to race for the 19 season. I'm sure there's some big bike endurance teams that would also like to know the plan for next year. Are we committing to super teams or will this change?
    I'm not looking for a response to any of this quickly. Just wanted to make some recommendations for the immediate future. October is wright around the corner.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott McDaniel View Post
    Looks like we doubled entries for 500SB for round 7 vs. round 6 by running it in a separate race from ULWGP. Thank you for making this happen!!
    I propose we further separate the 500 classes for Novice and Expert so those points will count toward an overall for next year.
    Given the popularity of the R3 and the 400 "probably the hot bike for next year" I think we can increase entries even more if we offer a Novice and Expert championship in these classes.
    Walter, this is the type of class changes I was referring to in the previous thread. If we can get this information out to the club by the last round, members can make some decisions on what they'd like to race for the 19 season. I'm sure there's some big bike endurance teams that would also like to know the plan for next year. Are we committing to super teams or will this change?
    I'm not looking for a response to any of this quickly. Just wanted to make some recommendations for the immediate future. October is wright around the corner.
    Scott,

I'll take a look at splitting the 500 classes. I need to make sure the numbers will support a split. As for Superteams I believe it is a go for 2019.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks Walter