Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand/finger safety?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Chahin View Post
    Interesting, but does that interfere with your body position at lean/tuck or how does it work?
    I also wear the Leatt RR Brace (forgot to wear at hallett this last weekend) Never had a problem with movement. I also think it saved both collar bones (broke the brace) in a crash at the first event of 2017. I have been looking at the air bag suits and agree with Cody. You will have to give up the brace to wear the air bag vest. On thing you cannot do very well with brace is look behind you. But we should not do that anyways
    Dewayne Davis #680
    RaceworX, M-4, Dunlop, Bison Leathers,
    TMP M/C Parts, Monkey Moto, NTXSBKS,
    Lawton/Altus Motorsports,
    Southern Adrenaline

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewayne Davis View Post
    I also wear the Leatt RR Brace (forgot to wear at hallett this last weekend) Never had a problem with movement. I also think it saved both collar bones (broke the brace) in a crash at the first event of 2017. I have been looking at the air bag suits and agree with Cody. You will have to give up the brace to wear the air bag vest. On thing you cannot do very well with brace is look behind you. But we should not do that anyways
    Cody never has anyone behind him anyway.
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Stewart View Post
    I have never had an issue with it. In full tuck, it was a bit of an adjustment at first as it would hit the gas tank, but I was able to scoot my butt back more and it doesn't affect me anymore. I tried the EVS foam brace first and hated it, couldn't turn my head, etc, but the Leatt brace I've never had an issue with. There's even a newer version of mine that's geared more to the riding that we do that is supposed to be even less invasive, but like I said, I've never had an issue and I can almost guarantee it saved me from a broken collar bone in that same low side I mentioned earlier. If you're ever at a ridesmart day in houston (except the one in october) or CotA, you can feel free to borrow it for a session. They're about $500, so I can understand wanting to try it out before you buy it.

not sure if these links will work for you, one is a better shot of the device itself, the other is just showing i dont have any issues turning my head at lean. I literally forget its on.
    https://scontent.fftw1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...38&oe=5C281305
    https://scontent.fftw1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...9f&oe=5C347DDB
    thanks, I may take you up on that, will have to be next season as Oct is last trackday. And nice shot at TWS, wheelie hill!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    If you didn't before get gloves with the KNOX palm sliders. RACER GLOVES, RS TAICHI etc etc have them too. The palm sliders help save so much and keep your momentum moving forward. I have tested 2 different pairs/brands with the same KNOX sliders multiple times. Both gloves held up to several crashes before needing repair or replacement. If you can get ones with the pinky and ringer finger attached. I had a pair of gloves that didn't have that once. I never had an issue but my suit needed repair so I had them connected just like some of the other models went i sent the suit off. Hardly cost anything since I was having the other work done anyway.
    Novice #728
    Lucas Oil - Vesrah - BD Racing - Vortex Racing - Shorai Batteries - Sidi Boots - Josh Henke
    Torquasaurus #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    Cody never has anyone behind him anyway.
    Lies. I get lapped frequently.

But I instruct with my Leatt on and don't really have a huge issue looking back, but as mentioned, it's not something you should really be doing on a track anyway.

thanks, I may take you up on that, will have to be next season as Oct is last trackday. And nice shot at TWS, wheelie hill!
    Leatt actually shared that picture on their FB page a while back, I was stoked! haha. It's my only good wheelie picture there. I can't wheelie :( But we can for sure meet up next season and you can see how you like it.
    -Cody

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Jason,
    FYI Anthony Hill has a new in the box brace for sale in the for sale section. Might hit him up I think he is asking 425.00 for it. But I also understand trying it before you buy. I did the same thing
    Dewayne Davis #680
    Southern Adrenaline

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Jason,
    FYI Anthony Hill has a new in the box brace for sale in the for sale section. Might hit him up I think he is asking 425.00 for it. But I also understand trying it before you buy. I did the same thing
    Thanks, I'm assuming you either wear the airbag or brace, not both, right?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks, I'm assuming you either wear the airbag or brace, not both, right?
    I wear the brace. But I am thinking about upgrading to the airvest. Not sure yet..
    Dewayne Davis #680
    Southern Adrenaline

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I wear the brace. But I am thinking about upgrading to the airvest. Not sure yet..
    Advantage of the brace is it will work 100% of the time, the airbag can malfunction or the AI decides not to fire squibs.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Was watching Motogp this weekend and caught a glimpse of Dani putting tape on his hands. Anyone know what that's for? Is it for preventing injury or is it that kinetic tape stuff to help with grip?