Thread: Clarification on combined classes / points for overall championship

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Clarification on combined classes / points for overall championship

Hi Walter,

Got a question:

I notice that points for combined classes, eg 500 Superstock, Modern Classic or Formula 3, do not go towards the expert overall championship because they are combined, however, I'm not seeing where this is stipulated in the rule book. I was aware of this scoring from last seasons scoring and I'm not questioning the rule except that I can't find it in the rule book. I note the following paragraphs, first of which I'm assuming means "event points" as opposed to "championships points" which are different"

"Experts and Novices will be awarded points and awards separately unless noted in the class description. For example, the first Expert ranked rider in a combined Expert/Novice race earns first place Expert points and awards; the first Novice ranked rider in a combined Expert/Novice race earns first-place Novice points and awards regardless of overall finishing position."

and

"Points will be accumulated on a maximum of a rider’s best three finishing positions during a race event, and may not always be the same three classes."

If the non-scoring of combined classes is meant to be shown in the class description, per "unless noted in the class description", then I don't see this listed for Formula 3, Modern Classic or 500 Superstock.

Apologies in advance if I just haven't found this in the rule book.

Thanks, Rab

Hey Rab, im not sure I understand where your going here...In that section of the rulebook you have quoted it clearly lists the 15 classes eligible for overall #1 plate points. The classes you mention are not eligible. Over this last off season all the F40 classes were dropped and the ultra lightweight classes were added. If you feel more classes should be added write it up and submit it...that's how they got f40 classes dropped from overall points...

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Ahh...it's the list of classes which determines it...never mind then. I was looking for a sentence which said something like "points scored in combined classes do not count towards the overall".

It wasn't a suggestion on class eligibility changes - just wanted to make sure the combined class rule was detailed somewhere. All good. Cheers

Kool!! ha