Thread: Does anyone know how to make a rev limiter or where to buy one?

Does anyone know how to make a rev limiter or where to buy one?

Carburetor fueled machine looking to put a rev limiter on it so it won't blow up. does anyone sell one orknow how to make one? Thx

You do know that a rev limiter will not stop you from over revving the engine by downshifting too many right? Most motorcycles come with a rev limiter, and I believe if you have your ECU flashed can adjust the rev limits. Too much engine braking on an R3 and you get major problems... rev limiter would not save you from that. There are a lot of folks in the club who can speak to different setups, what exactly are you working on?

A slipper clutch may save your r3. efi shuts fuel off at a certain rpm or engine speed that can be flashed or replaced with an adjustable. Carbureted vehicles if i understand correctly use resistance to impede spark at a pre determined limit. working on an ex500 been told by everyone who has raced one that they will eat themselves from the inside out if you exceed 10k. current rev limit is higher than that.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Boyle View Post
    A slipper clutch may save your r3. efi shuts fuel off at a certain rpm or engine speed that can be flashed or replaced with an adjustable. Carbureted vehicles if i understand correctly use resistance to impede spark at a pre determined limit. working on an ex500 been told by everyone who has raced one that they will eat themselves from the inside out if you exceed 10k. current rev limit is higher than that.
    DYNA DLR 300
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)