Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Forms Posted

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Would this work?

I can't attach documents (maybe because I'm not a member?). But here's a link to a fillable license application form.
    https://my.syncplicity.com/share/vuh...ation_Fillable

**Not responsible for errors that might delay or cause hardship on your license application

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Stewart View Post
    Would this work?

I can't attach documents (maybe because I'm not a member?). But here's a link to a fillable license application form.

**Not responsible for errors that might delay or cause hardship on your license application
    I just used this one

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    This is an honest question.

Is printing a form, filling it out and signing it, scanning it and emailing it to the CMRA that big of an inconvenience?

It took me all of about 5 minutes to do this for mine and my sons licenses.

Come on folks, don't be a snowflake.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post

Is printing a form, filling it out and signing it, scanning it and emailing it to the CMRA that big of an inconvenience?

I am right handed and can't even use my right hand and was able to figure it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Stewart View Post
    Would this work?

Um, no if the person submitting the form uses the digital signature capability you included which is specifically prohibited by the form instructions / CMRA policy. If you delete the digital signature field all might be good.

Otherwise a nice form but if going to the effort to create the form you might consider using "radio buttons" (formatted as check boxes) rather than standard "check boxes" in the fields where only one of several choices is allowed (e.g. License Type, fee fields, etc).

Care to take over creating the CMRA forms for 2020? That involves creating the source documents in MS Word and then the PDF conversions for either online posting or sending to the printer for at-track forms. The position is available, there's only about ~40 forms total between online and at-track multi-part paper forms for printing to NCR self-carbon paper. Drop me a PM with your email address if you'd care to step-up and take it over - this is my last batch.

(yes, Joe Caruso: #REALretirementisnear )
    Last edited by Alan Etheredge; 11-19-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Etheredge View Post
    Um, no if the person submitting the form uses the digital signature capability you included which is specifically prohibited by the form instructions. If you delete the digital signature field all might be good.

Otherwise a nice form but if going to the effort to create the form you might consider using "radio buttons" (formatted as check boxes) rather than standard "check boxes" in the fields where only one of several choices is allowed (e.g. License Type, fee fields, etc).

Care to take over creating the CMRA forms for 2020? That involves creating the source documents in MS Word and then the PDF conversions for either online posting or sending to the printer for at-track forms. The position is available, there's only about ~40 forms total between online and at-track multi-part paper forms for printing to NCR self-carbon paper. Drop me a PM with your email address if you'd care to step-up and take it over - this is my last batch.

(yes, Joe Caruso: #REALretirementisnear )
    I don't mind volunteering to take an existing PDF form and making it 'fillable' for this and the Sprint Form if* it's legitimately helpful to people and would be accepted by the CMRA, but I have no desire to go beyond that. I took the signatures out and added the radio buttons for license type, fees, and renew license.

Here's a new link:
    https://my.syncplicity.com/share/2ym...Fillable%20(1)

Honestly, I've always done mine over PDF. Even the signature was something I actually signed, scanned, and placed onto the PDF electronically as a picture file. I loathe scanning stuff in. I also think there should be an option to have Alex call people requesting their credit card information instead of essentially encouraging people to send it through email. What I mean by that? If you want to be first on the grid for the first round, faxing is essentially out. I'm not sure how checks work (can you mail them in after?). I think that needs to change. Not allowing electronic signatures but promoting using known unsecure methods to transfer credit card information seems pretty backwards. I understand that the CMRA's hands are likely tied because of legal/insurance issues, but that is the perception and unfortunately, perception is reality.
    -Cody

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Yes, if you don't own a printer or a scanner because everything you do in life is paperless

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Walter, it's just a sign of the times.

I have bought a house, moved a retirement account, bought motorcycles, sold all kinds of things, and even had back surgery without a physical signature. It's 2018...

The world does business with digital signatures.
    CMRA Expert #101
    EBR 1190RX, Large BGE

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dugger View Post
    I have bought a house, moved a retirement account, bought motorcycles, sold all kinds of things, and even had back surgery without a physical signature. It's 2018...

The world does business with digital signatures.
    Jim, I'm betting that for every one of those digital transactions someone provided the digital infrastructure to facilitate the deal and in some way collected a fee (whether identified or buried in other costs) to cover the cost to create, implement and maintain that digital infrastructure.

The world that can tolerate / absorb those costs does business with digital signatures, the rest of the world does not but manages to press-on regardless.

Get those costs covered in the context of the CMRA for 2018-2019 and Bob's yer Uncle.

Heaven knows I'd love to see it realized, I don't think anyone has suggested that technology is the constraint.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Morris View Post
    Yes, if you don't own a printer or a scanner because everything you do in life is paperless
    I'm in the same boat. I think I have a printer, it's probably in storage somewhere.