Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: #1 PLATE REFORMAT!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Cool #1 PLATE REFORMAT!!

Starting with the 2019 season a #1 plate will be awarded in four divisions rather than one overall #1.

The four divisions will be: Heavyweight, Middleweight, Lightweight, and Ultra Lightweight.

The eligible Expert classes for each division will be as follows:

Heavyweight:
    Formula 1
    A Superbike
    A Superstock
    Heavyweight Twins

Middleweight:
    C Superbike
    C Superstock
    B Superbike
    B Superstock

Lightweight:
    Formula 2
    Lightweight Twins
    D Superbike
    D Superstock

Ultra Lightweight:
    Ultra Lightweight GP
    500 Superbike
    500 Superstock
    Formula 3
    E Superbike
    E Superstock

Points will be accumulated on a maximum of a rider’s best three finishing positions in each division during a race event, and may not always be the same three classes.

Note:
    1) 750cc machines will only receive points for a #1 plate in HW classes
    2) riding up is allowed (example: rider on a 600 can ride up in HW classes and receive points for the HW #1 plate, points earned in HW classes will not apply to the MW #1 plate chase)

The method for awarding the 2 thru 10 plates will remain unchanged. (The four #1 plate holders will be excluded.)
    Last edited by Walter Walker; 11-19-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    So if a rider earns a #1 plate and decides to run the #1 in 2020 but wants to run a different division. Can the racer run the #1 in a division the championship wasn't won? Will there be 4 different #1 plates for each division? Like a different color #1 for each division. This could help me decide the division I want to run. I don't really want to sport a green #1. just kidding. #colorsdontmatter #notfastenoughtowinanymore
    Private lessons available at MSR and ECR
    One on One or groups up to 5 students
    Email typhoonpowersports@yahoo.com or visit me on Facebook.

NO COLOR CHANGE .. and yeah you might see 2 number 1plates on track, wont be a problem as long as they aren't attatched to the same transponder...you just may have to tell your fans "no, I was the other number1 out there"

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I like it

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Howard View Post
    So if a rider earns a #1 plate and decides to run the #1 in 2020 but wants to run a different division. Can the racer run the #1 in a division the championship wasn't won? Will there be 4 different #1 plates for each division? Like a different color #1 for each division. This could help me decide the division I want to run. I don't really want to sport a green #1. just kidding. #colorsdontmatter #notfastenoughtowinanymore
    You forgot #potstirrer. And we have enough!
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Howard View Post
    #slowisfastnow #wherehaveallthealiensgone
    Provisional Expert #98

Man I bet that awards banquet will be eventful.... I remember when I got my number one on my bike in 2009. Was one of the coolest things I felt I earned. If I were to win a number 1 plate(s) now.... I’d run 68. Congrats to Jay on winning the last number 1 of the real men (and women)!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dominguez View Post
    Man I bet that awards banquet will be eventful.... I remember when I got my number one on my bike in 2009. Was one of the coolest things I felt I earned. If I were to win a number 1 plate(s) now.... I’d run 68. Congrats to Jay on winning the last number 1 of the real men (and women)!
    You and Jay were the class of the field this year. I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to see you two running head to head. At the last round Jay ran :34s on a 600. Would have been fun to watch you two flirt around the :33s for 8 laps. If it wasn't for ULWT being included in the overall, we may have actually have had the two fastest guys in the club have to race each other for the overall. Wish you both the best for next year.
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dominguez View Post
    Congrats to Jay on winning the last number 1 of the real men (and women)!
    In years past more often than not there has been no real head to head competition in the chase for the #1 plate. A perfect example being you and Jay this year. There were only a few times that you two were on the track at the same time. Only once all season did you both earn points in the same race in the chase for the #1 plate. No offence to the past winners of the #1 plates but without head to head competition it was more of an honorary award than a Championship. With the new format we are guaranteed real head to head competition in the four divisions and head to head competition is what championships are all about.

Enjoy your retirement.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Retirement? Naaah brah!