Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: "FINALIZED" 2019 CMRA Class Structure!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Crandell View Post
    Don't know if this is the proper thread for this but I have a question about points. My understanding is that Formula 40 no longer counts towards the overall novice/expert championship point standing. Is this the same for Solo 30?
    Thanks,
    Bobby
    Solo 30 points do not count.

The classes that do count toward the #1 plates can be found on Page 29 of the 2019 CMRA Rule Book.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    Solo 30 points do not count.

The classes that do count toward the #1 plates can be found on Page 29 of the 2019 CMRA Rule Book.
    What's the logic behind that? To me that just devalues a sprint race that is on the schedule looking for entries and taking up about 2 sprint race slots. I personally really like SOLO 30 because it is the only sprint race that is like what a "real" sprint race would be at any level above club racing. I think there is draw in that rather than pushing the race to be more just an extra practice session at the end of the day.

Just my $.02

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Coles View Post
    What's the logic behind that? To me that just devalues a sprint race that is on the schedule looking for entries and taking up about 2 sprint race slots. I personally really like SOLO 30 because it is the only sprint race that is like what a "real" sprint race would be at any level above club racing. I think there is draw in that rather than pushing the race to be more just an extra practice session at the end of the day.

Just my $.02
    I think you answered your own question. Solo 30 is not a sprint race. Sprints are short races usually less than 10 laps. Solo 30 being a longer pro style race cannot and should not be included in the #1 plate divisions. If you like Solo 30 then race Solo 30. If you want to compete for a #1 plate then race the classes that apply.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)