Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Pre-Entry Form Information & Procedures

Alex Howard

Wink 2019 Pre-Entry Form Information & Procedures

The grids for the first round of the year are set by order of entry. With that in mind, all members will have access to the pre-entry forms at the same time.

**Pre-entry forms are now available on the FORMS PAGE of the CMRA website. NOTE: They are fillable forms. You can type in your information--EXCEPT, you still need to PRINT and SIGN. NO ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES. **

Take your time!! Pre-entry forms will not be accepted before 10:00 a.m. CT on Tuesday, January 15th.

Important pre-entry submittal notes...**PLEASE READ**:

1. 2019 Membership Forms: Pre-entry forms will not be accepted without a current 2019 CMRA License. License Forms may be submitted at the same time as pre-entry form. Minor license submittals must have notarized Minor Release Forms included. Pre-entries will not be accepted for Minors without the notarized release.

2. Incomplete / Incorrect Pre-Entry Forms: Incomplete pre-entry forms will not be processed. Multiple submittals will not be processed. Pre-entry forms which arrive before 10:00 a.m. CT (on 1/15/19) will not be accepted. So please take your time to make sure that everything is filled out completely and accurately.

If something is missing, the form will not be processed until the time that all complete/correct forms have been received. Forms which arrive before 10:00 a.m. CT will be discarded . Instructions for forms are included. To avoid errors, take a moment to read them--check the information you typed to fix mistakes! (10:00 a.m. CT is based on the time on your cell phone)

3. Endurance pre-entry forms: Endurance pre-entry forms must have a minimum of two currently licensed racers listed with signatures. Do not list any riders on the form who have not signed. Team Owner, Team Captain and all riders listed on the form must have a current 2019 CMRA membership.

4. Submission Qualifications: Pre-entry forms may be submitted via snail mail or scan/email (WE NO LONGERABLE TO ACCEPT FAX SUBMISSIONS) as an attachment.

**Forms embedded in the body of the email will not be accepted. Emailed photographs of forms will not be accepted.

5. Confirmation of Receipt: I will make a post of received pre-entries as quickly as I can. Calling and emailing will not get an answer to whether or not it was received...it will simply slow down the process.

6. Payment: As always, payment for pre-entries will be on the Monday before the race weekend...in this case, Monday February 11th.

7. Detailed Weekend Schedule: MSR Houston Detailed Weekend Schedule and Friday Detailed Practice Schedule are now posted on the SCHEDULE PAGE.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Alex Howard; 01-14-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    **ATTENTION!!**

IF YOU CHOOSE TO FILL OUT YOUR PRE-ENTRY FORMS USING A MOBILE DEVICE PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND USE THE ADOBE ACROBAT READER MOBILE APP!
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Folks:

Please download and use the Genuine Adobe Acrobat Reader Application for whatever device, mobile, or desktop OS you use to fill-out the forms.

Use of any other non-Adobe PDF viewer / editor significantly increases the risk that the forms will not print correctly at the CMRA Office even though they may 'look good' on your non-Adobe app / software.

If your forms don't print correctly at the CMRA office where Genuine Adobe software is used (and was used to create the forms) you run the risk of delays in processing your forms.

The proper Genuine Adobe Acrobat apps and desktop software are free, there's no reason to invite problems for yourself or the office staff.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Etheredge View Post
    Folks:

Please download and use the Genuine Adobe Reader Application for whatever device, mobile, or desktop OS you use to fill-out the forms.

Use of any other non-Adobe PDF viewer / editor significantly increases the risk that the forms will not print correctly at the CMRA Office even though they may 'look good' on your non-Adobe app / software.

If your forms don't print correctly at the CMRA office where Genuine Adobe software is used (and was used to create the forms) you run the risk of delays in processing your forms.

The proper Adobe apps are free, there's no reason to invite problems.
    Retired? #fakenews.

Thanks Alan!! Not as flamboyant as Walter's but just as effective!
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Lol, soon, so soon, to no longer be #fakenews

There's over 1,100 fields on those forms and Walter test-filled every one of them (bless you, Big Dog!) to help find glitches (and he found more than a few).

This is the second time I've hung myself on my own petard by committing to do fill-forms. Old and slow but now lesson learned .... "Never Again" .... take it to the bank.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Lol, soon, so soon, to no longer be #fakenews

There's over 1,100 fields on those forms and Walter test-filled every one of them (bless you, Big Dog!) to help find glitches (and he found more than a few).

This is the second time I've hung myself on my own petard by committing to do fill-forms. Old and slow but now lesson learned .... "Never Again" .... take it to the bank.
    All the hard work is done now. The new guy is just going to reap the benefits!

And who is the “new guy”?
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Selleck View Post
    And who is the “new guy”?
    No budget. ��
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Is volunteerism totally dead in this supposedly member-driven club? If so, that's a sad comment on the membership.

Seems to me that historically lots of things were done by volunteers or folks working for very minimal stipends (Derek Delpero and Greg LeClaire come to mind at once; I'm sure there were others during and before 'my time').

I know there are lots of members with the requisite skillsets to make forms, both 'plain' Acrobat and fill-forms.

I'm of the opinion, based on
    • over ten years doing the task
    • knowing how annual changes affect forms (having 2019 forms most likely does not eliminate significant work for the next season, IMO)
    • knowing when the data required to finalize forms gets 'fixed' by the BoD, and
    • knowing what the Administrator workload is like in the (ahem) "off" season
    that it is not realistic to anticipate that the Administrator can pick-up the task as a part of their duties. That a function of time, nothing to do with compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Caruso View Post
    No budget. ��
    I understand and appreciate that the (volunteer) BoD is spending a lot of personal time and energy to address costs control and increase paying-member participation in these challenging times. I'd suggest that efforts to increase volunteerism should be added to their already substantial agenda. Or, lacking success on that front, perhaps innovating 'barter' arrangements to gain member-skill contributions to benefit the club in exchange for club-offerings which have a lower impact on overall finances than outright cash compensation (forms development in exchange for race-entry vouchers?).

With apology for the digression / hijack and getting back to topic: If anyone has a particular problem with these forms while using Genuine Adobe Acrobat software, please post in this thread and I'll try to help.

Yes, you can enter Friday Practice as an Endurance Team even on non-endurance weekends, per the following clipped from a reply I posted in the Member Section:

..... If you want to use the Endurance Friday Practice form on a non-endurance weekend, just fill that form out from the "Endurance Pre-Entry Package" and submit it with your other sprint-weekend forms. You'll need to manually write-in the event-date, I didn't anticipate this so the event-date drop-down on that form only has endurance weekends (sorry about that ).
    For more info see the whole post here (login required): Endurance bike practice during non-endurance weekend?