Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Leathers

WTB: Leathers

I am 5' 6" 185-190 pounds so off the rack leathers will not usually fit me well with out alteration. Will consider either 1 or 2 piece. Hopefully there is another short, thick guy out there looking to unload something that fits me reasonably well. I would also like contact info for any good source for leather tailors.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Dave over at MonkeyMoto can do full custom suits, check with him.

or if you have an existing suit Leather and Lace is an amazing tailor for suits

Still looking for leathers but I tried on a couple of new sets and found that 44/54 will be the best rack size for me but will need alterations. I prefer 2 piece and will consider 1 piece but do not want black leather.
    I also spoke to Leather and Lace and their price estimates sounded pretty high. I then found a company in Pflugerville called Tailor Fit that gave reasonable estimates, but I have no feedback to offer on quality.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Price estimates were high from leather and lace? Or did i get confused? I know they did mine and their quality is incredible, and I found it extremely reasonably priced. She does great work, and the quality is incredible.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Todd, just an opinion; unless it's a fit issue, I think you're really going to want a one piece. In my opinion, a one piece that's tailored to you will be safer FOR TRACK use. A two piece may give a bit more room, but unfortunately the pads can move in a crash. I know from experience...
    Allen Dye

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Try them out!
    RideSmart made custom suits for all of the instructors.
    The price is fair and good quality too
    http://www.mass-sports.com.pk/profile.asp
    CMRA#672

I got ball park alteration estimates from both Leather and Lace and Tailor Fit. Both told me that the price could vary quite a bit depending on the suit maker, but the Tailor Fit estimate was substantially lower. I live in Central Texas not too far from Tailor Fit so that is a big plus for me. Leather and Lace has good reviews for quality but I currently have none for Tailor Fit.
    I raced a good bit many years ago and had two suits. The first was an altered off the rack Dainese two piece and the second was a custom SYED one piece. The SYED suit left me missing the old reliable and comfortable Dainese two piece. Different strokes...
    I am over thinking the s**t out of this and am looking at custom and altering off the rack. I intend to be happy with my choice. Mass Sports in on the list.

I have a 1 piece RS Tiachi worn for 2 track days and 1 session in the rain. I'll throw in the liner and a turtle shell

EU size = 58
    JP = 3XL

I'm 6' 190lb at the time i bought it... it was a tight fit and a bit on the short side.

I think that a 58 would be a bit big as a starting point for alterations. I have a back protector. Where are you located? Price? Pictures?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Confused how a EUR 58 could be so snug on 6’ 190lb dude. I’m 6’1”, 200lb and wear a 54 (44 US)
    Provisional Expert #98