Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Supermoto in CMRA Practice

I rode the piss out of my 450 this past weekend. Best I could do was crash out of 3rd. I’m buying a ninja 400!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Dominguez View Post
    I rode the piss out of my 450 this past weekend. Best I could do was crash out of 3rd. I’m buying a ninja 400!
    I know a team that might have a slot open on one ! ha

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    allowing a single, new or old, in the right configuration...it will have a significant advantage on paper. weight, hp, etc...etc... As much as things change, they stay the same. I'm am uncertain how many bikes I have seen try and be "indexed" into a class to then be kicked out. They seems to last the season and win...I can think of one that clearly should have never been allowed while I was accused of whining, etc...etc...for the bike to win a Championship, then be ruled illegal for the class the very next year. Yes, Walter has a tough job deciding what's right and wrong for some of the classes, but sometimes it's ok to say no and sometimes it's a no brainer.
    Derek Thomas Whining? That is crazy talk!I will pray for you right after the National Athem is played.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jordan View Post
    Derek Thomas Whining? That is crazy talk!I will pray for you right after the National Athem is played.
    troublemaker!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    To follow up on this. The Supermotards seemed to be a reasonable fit in the 500 classes at MSRH.

I feel like 450cc singles in Motard trim will be the limit on what we will allow to run with the 500s though.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Can you clarify which 500 classes the motards can enter? If I have a 1998 motard could I enter 500 classic, 500 ss, 500 sb, and 500gp?

I would think all those classes besides superstock as the wheels are aftermarket I’m assuming?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Sorry, I'm still not clear on this.

Just want to confirm that a 2019 Husqvarna FS450 would be eligible to compete in 500 Superstock, as well as 500GP.

In case of bike above, it has stock wheels as the FS450 is a factory built supermoto, which wouldn't be the case for most Supermoto bikes. In the thread, it was discussed that Supermoto would only be allowed in 500 Superbike, but there are some later posts talking about "500 classes". I'm not sure if the aftermarket wheels was the distinction here.

For what it's worth, at MSRH, FS450 was about even with a stock Ninja 400 as far as straight line speed. It's likely the fastest stock supermoto you can buy without making it into a timebomb. The Ninja would pull a supermoto by the end of the MSRH straight, but were about the same up to the end - I'm guessing that's aerodynamics kicking in at that point, or a combination of a better air intake and aerodynamics.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    63hp! Yikes! That thing is a monster...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Pence View Post
    63hp! Yikes! That thing is a monster...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Ready for a drag race when you are ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Rab McNaught #430
    2022 Race Bikes: 2021 KTM Super Duke R, 2020 Yamaha R1, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (endurance)
    Former BoD member: 2018 to 2021