Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECR - Eagles Canyon... Here's the new layout!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis King View Post
    Is it really still that cold up there in the Canadian part of Texas?
    Int eh forecast for the next 14 days, only (1) day has a low of 70 or higher, and it is 70. I think that will actually be our first day with a low of 70 or higher this year.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

I'd be interested to know what kind of curing compound they're applying... certainly large parts of the country don't have more than a handful of days where lows stay above 70, and they build tracks and roads just fine. What's the benefit of this process? Just genuinely curious if anyone knows.

'Chemistry' to accommodate cold weather increases materials cost and complication/expense of more rigorous QC during construction. Worthwhile if time is of the essence, not so much if not so much. Just comes down to client priorities.

BTDT with and without (30 years civil engineering construction management).
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Looks fantastic, hopefully they'll move our finish line out of the braking zone?! And not allow the NASCAR Late Model type cars on the track ever again?! Super stoked though, looks like fun!!!

Rode the new track...Thanks Shakespere!

Its absolutely awesome, had a blast, surface was spectacular smooth. Back section has a 5th gear wide open(on 400) right hander which leads into a couple of tight technical corners before the backstraight. Really hoping that CMRA gets the opportunity to contract with ECR in the near future.

Status
    Novice
    Derek, It was great meeting you at ECR....
    I figured out last weekend what you were referring to in the back straight, shaved 2 seconds off prior week right there a 15 mph fster before braking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Linker View Post
    Derek, It was great meeting you at ECR....
    I figured out last weekend what you were referring to in the back straight, shaved 2 seconds off prior week right there a 15 mph fster before braking.
    That's awesome...good for you! Keep up the good work. Good luck at Houston.