Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to Motorcycle Racing, CMRA rules, and other ?’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Boyle View Post
    As far as leathers I think you can find something off the rack. I,m 6’5 2hundred something. The larger alpine stars I can fit into although tight and I have a set of off brand that I’ve been wearing since i started. They came right off the rack. Although for a few more dollars you could get a custom one. Helmet wise it has to be less than 5yrs old. Find the shape of your head, REVZILLA has videos on head shapes. They let you know what helmets are best for that shape. Make sure it fits. It,s not like car racing where a little loose is ok. Once your helmet hits the ground it’ll be inspected any sign of damage may cause it to fail. Think of that when buying. More expensive doesn’t really mean safer usually just more options and better graphics and a little less weight. Have fun!!
    Helmet also has to be SNELL.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Simmons View Post
    Helmet also has to be SNELL.
    or ECE, and must be the approved version of each.

From the rulebook:
    All riders must wear helmets which have a Snell M2010 or M2015 approval sticker, or must be BSI (BS. 6658 TYPE A) or EC (ECE 22-04 & ECE 22-05 “P”)
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Probably a dumb question, but does CMRA always run CW at MSRH?

If it varies, is the upcoming round at MSRH end of this month, CW or CCW?

And finally, if the upcoming round is CCW, has anyone had any experience rotating rear Pirelli SC slicks? They are marked one direction, unlike Dunlops. But wondering if people still rotate them?

We always run CW at MSRH. I'll let someone who rides on Pirellis comment on flipping them, but my general rule of thinking has been to not flip tires that ain't meant to be flipped. A new rear is cheaper than the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter Rossner View Post
    We always run CW at MSRH. I'll let someone who rides on Pirellis comment on flipping them, but my general rule of thinking has been to not flip tires that ain't meant to be flipped. A new rear is cheaper than the consequences.
    Great, thanks for that. Shouldn't need to worry then. Just need to sort out a day off work, and then I'll be there on Friday to get my licence.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Buswell View Post
    Great, thanks for that. Shouldn't need to worry then. Just need to sort out a day off work, and then I'll be there on Friday to get my licence.
    Kool! Look forward to seeing you at 8am Friday morning!
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Buswell View Post
    FYI : There will be a Saturday license school at MSRH this time if you cant get time off from work on Friday. Same classroom stuff as a Friday school, just a bit shorter on track time.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Jumping on to the OP here with a follow up on tires. Track day guy taking license school at Cresson in July.

I don't have tire warmers so would it be better to stay with a hypersport style tire, say Q4 or Pirelli as mentioned above or would there be a benefit to using something like the Dunlop GP-A?

I have no allegiance to brand and not looking to buy more tire than needed but the prices are similar so I would like the biggest bang for the buck.

Thanks for all the info through this post.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex Lester View Post
    Jumping on to the OP here with a follow up on tires. Track day guy taking license school at Cresson in July.

I don't have tire warmers so would it be better to stay with a hypersport style tire, say Q4 or Pirelli as mentioned above or would there be a benefit to using something like the Dunlop GP-A?

I have no allegiance to brand and not looking to buy more tire than needed but the prices are similar so I would like the biggest bang for the buck.

Thanks for all the info through this post.
    You'll be ok on any tire just make sure to take it easy on the first lap or two. Straight up and down acceleration and breaking will get it hot enough.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Invest in warmers.