Thread: 2006 Triumph Sprint ST, $3500 OBO, 46.5k miles

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

2006 Triumph Sprint ST, $3500 OBO, 46.5k miles

46,765 miles

Bought the bike in 2014 and immediately fell in love with it. Does a lot better at the Sport part of Sport Tourer than I thought it would. I’m not one of the people who stop riding the street after riding the track as I still love riding wherever, but just haven’t had much time the past couple years with my work schedule and have an SV in a pile of parts I can assemble and get back on the street. Wife sold her bike to pay for our ECR membership, so most free time on the weekends will be at the track. Also need the funds from this to help fund my MotoAmerica Twins Cup race(s) and I promised the wife that SOME of it would go to repay the savings account for the mini bike I bought for TMGP.

I have a clean Texas title in my name. Registration is due this month and I just got it inspected today. Tires are a Michelin Road 4 of the front with about 3200 miles (got 11k out of the previous one) and the rear is a Road 5 with only 1000 miles (Road 4 that was replaced had 6900 on it). Writing this has been depressing as I noticed I have only rode 120 on this bike since August. 

Upgrade / mods include:

- Two Brothers exhaust with mid-pipe and custom tune.
    - Race Tech internals including progressive rate springs and gold valves in front forks
    - Handlebar risers from 2007 which raise the bars to a more comfortable position
    - Color Matched side cases
    - Powerbronze rear hugger.
    - Triumph tail bag
    - Tank Bag
    - Zero Gravity Double Bubble dark tint windscreen
    - Powerlet power outlet behind left fairing (no need to remove seat for battery tender)
    - Gerbing hard wired rheostat temperature controller for heated gear.
    - Size M heated gloves
    - Triumph factory service manual

When I bought it the ad said it came with a spare windscreen and a heavy duty bike cover. Don’t recall seeing them recently, but if I find them they will be included.

Spare parts include:
    - 46mm sprocket for rear wheel mounting nut
    - OEM undertail / license plate mount
    - OEM chain guard
    - OEM rear rails
    - set of throttle / clutch cables - unsure if new or OEM
    - OEM rear brake line
    - OEM silver fairing hardware
    - OEM handle bars
    - new OEM air filter
    - new OEM bar end
    - new OEM blinker
    - (2) new footpeg feelers (formal name: bank angle pegs)
    - (1) new side panel vent trim
    - (2) footpegs, maybe OEM?
    - set of used left and right side OEM fairings (ones that were on it when the…um…lady… hit me

Issues:
    * I try to be up front as possible in my ads so there are no surprises when you come look at whatever I am selling. All items are noted in pics.
    - Dropped on the left side in a parking lot, scraping the lower portion of the side fairing. No, really. Moved the bike from beside my wife’s bike to behind it. Either I didn’t notice the kickstand go up or put it up out of habit. Didn’t notice until it started falling over. I was right next to it so didn’t have the leverage to stop it, could only slow it’s fall. Fairings were only a month old. 
    - The reason the fairings were only a month old is because it was involved in a hit and run, with me on it, while at a stop light. Have the video filmed by the guy behind us. Road Rage chick that hit me got 2 years probation.
    - Front brake lever has a small bend due to ^^^, but not bad and I have been using it with no issues since then.
    - small dent / chip in paint on tank where the Ram mount base hits the tank at full turn to the left.
    - crack in side fairing up front toward the tank. May have happened in the road rage incident, but didn’t notice it until recently
    - rear blinkers are hanging. I never fixed them because the cases would break them again when they are put on. Smaller aftermarket blinkers would probably work.
    - One of the side cases has a large mark on it from contact with a guardrail in a construction zone. Wasn’t used to having the bags on and I was hauling *** to the hospital since my wife had a head start in the CareFlight helo after her accident (she recovered and was riding 9 months later).
    - was missing two wellnut screws in the pictures, didn’t notice until I washed the bike today. Replaced them with spares I had, so not really an issue anymore

For those wondering, the b…h only got probation since she couldn’t be charged with vehicular assault due to the fact I was not injured. I was able to step off the bike as it was going down.

More pics can be found on my post on the Two Wheel Texans forum... https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads...-miles.120202/
    Last edited by Steven Smith; 03-24-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    New Battery installed Thursday (4/25).

The day I took the pics I pushed the bike back into the garage and left the key on, subsequently killing the battery since I didn't notice it for four days. New battery was bought a couple days ago, placed on the tender for two days, and then installed. Rode to dinner that night and work the next day and everything is running normal again. Even set the clock.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org