Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revised 2019 Rule Book Posted!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Cool Revised 2019 Rule Book Posted!!

A revised version of the 2019 CMRA Rule Book is now available on the RULE BOOK page.

A GUIDE TO THE 5-9-2019 CMRA RULE BOOK REVISIONS is also available on the Rule Book page.

After a review of the Medical Information Card policy it was determined that the perceived benefit was overshowed by the potential liability to the CMRA. This policy was put into place with the best of intentions in mind. However the personal medical information of our customers must be kept private and confidential at all times. This policy in its current state as a requirement did not properly safeguard that personal information.

Moving forward we want to strongly suggest that everyone keep their emergency contact information filled with the CMRA up to date.

Emergency contacts should meet the following minimum requirements.

1) Be aware that they are being listed as your emergency contact. (not your landlord, yep that happened)
    2) Be able to act on your behalf if you are incapacitated. (next of kin is preferred)
    3) Have at least some information about your medical history.

Thank you all for your understanding.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

This sounds very familiar...now where have I heard this?...don't tell me.... wait...……..

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    This sounds very familiar...now where have I heard this?...don't tell me.... wait...……..
    Brake guards and limitations to practice starts?
    Provisional Expert #98

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    Brake guards and limitations to practice starts?
    I like brake guards and am not fast enough to make use of practice starts.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Friendly suggestion, AND NOT AS A BOD MEMBER or as a MEMBER OF THE CMRA, but as a licensed physician in the state of Texas who has been on the receiving end of broken bodies.

We should all consider carrying a brief medical history with us. The sport is dangerous and every little bit helps. Briefly, a small medical history thats actually helpful should include name, date of birth, allergies, medications and past medical history. Blood type is not important since everyone without exception is type and crossed prior to blood transfusion.

Keep it some place safe and let one of your buddies know where it is and I hope you never need it!

Thanks to Walter for recognizing that we could not meet the regulations surrounding the collection, protection and dissemination of medical information. In principal, it was a great suggestion for an amateur motorcycle racing club but we just couldn’t do it and maintain the protection and privacy of our members records.

See you at Hallett.

Disclaimer: the above statement does not in any way, shape or form represent the thoughts, recommendations or opinions of anyone, past or present, associated with the CMRA in any way shape or form, living, dead, or in between. These are simply the thoughtful (thoughtless ?) musings of a licensed physician in the state of Texas who happens to be dumb enough to race motorcycles; you may do or not do with above as you wish. Ciao!
    Last edited by Joseph Caruso; 05-09-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    My card is staying in my helmet

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Snyder View Post
    My card is staying in my helmet

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Mine too but when they took me in the hospital, they left my helmet behind...
    I wish it was mandatory for them to take the helmet with the rider so the doctors can see where and how hard the head got hit... but it would also have all the information as Caruso mentioned
    medical history thats actually helpful should include name, date of birth, allergies, medications and past medical history. Blood type is not important since everyone without exception is type and crossed prior to blood transfusion.
    CMRA#672

Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Caruso View Post
    ....Blood type is not important since everyone without exception is type and crossed prior to blood transfusion....
    I always found it strange that a documented symptom of an ABO incompatibility reaction is "a feeling of impending doom."
    Amsoil questions, product applications, or how to order LCRamsoil@gmail.com

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Well, it certainly can complicate you receiving a blood transfusion. Some people do have unusual antibodies which require extra measures to assure the blood they receive is compatible. Transfusion reactions, although rare due to current measures, are extremely bad!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo DaCunha View Post
    Mine too but when they took me in the hospital, they left my helmet behind...
    I wish it was mandatory for them to take the helmet with the rider so the doctors can see where and how hard the head got hit... but it would also have all the information as Caruso mentioned
    I would defer this comment to Ryan as he is most often the person on scene. I’m pretty sure he takes great efforts to assure the helmet goes with the rider.

The best place to have your info (should you choose to carry it) was certainly another part of the discussion. Most if not all leathers have an inside pocket as well. If you want to be obsessive, both places should cover all the bases but in those circumstances, there’s a lot going on. I think you all would be surprised to know how much we struggled with this. I can tell you with absolute certainty that Walter and Ryan as well as the BoD members discuss everything and anything which might help keep the members safer. You will not find two better advocates for rider safety than WW and RR. We really struggled with this one. If you are at all familiar with HIPPA regulations, the system is a beast and has been alluded to elsewhere, best intentions is not a defense.