Thread: Our forum is moving – Please update your bookmarks

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Our forum is moving – Please update your bookmarks

Dear Members,

Our forum is moving to accommodate the new website. Please update your bookmarks. Please access the forum via http://forum.cmraracing.com going forward.

Please reach out with any technical issues to admin@cmraracing.com

Thank you

Rab
    Last edited by Rab McNaught; 07-10-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks, Rab. When is this old one going away? And will a redirect be in place?

Hope the software isn't changing! I've seen "enhanced" versions of vBulletin that are weird to use, arguably worse.
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Soon. We've been trying to get it up for a little while but had to figure out some domain configuration stuff with vBulletin and the results pages. It's been a difficult transition. We should be able to do a lot more with Wordpress which the new site is built with - mobile friendly, lots of plugins for content etc. I'm looking forward to that. We will have a redirect in place soon to automatically redirect browsers from the old site to the new one.

Any data on the old site will be available at the same address as the forum. We will clean that data off eventually. All the content is available at the new site ready to go that we already have - eg forms.

Re vBulletin version, we are on an old version so we have to fix that at some point. It's not good to be on anything out of support and not getting things like security updates, roadmap improvements. I have heard concerns about vBulletin v5 so we are holding off on the upgrade for a bit and doing the website first - we can't stay on an old version forever so we will ultimately have to go there.

Just noticed the login via forum.cmraracing.com won't work till there is some reconfiguration done by our hosting provider. Just FYI, incase you get an error.

NM - found what I was looking for
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.