Thread: Prov-Nov needing help with getting bike ready to pass tech

Hybrid View

Bike #
    Thanks for the pointers guys. So I guess my best bet would be to show up at a race weekend where I either run sprints on Sunday or corner work on Saturday (I've already done my Sunday corner working) and then use the other day to bring the bike by tech for a "practice" tech inspection? That way I would have enough time to bring the bike back to my trailer and make whatever changes are specified by the tech inspector. I don't see how else I can do it because when I did my corner working last time it took all day and so I don't think I would have time to get the bike inspected before having to go to my corner station and I certainly don't want to try and wait until race day to have my bike inspected for the first time and realize that I need to make quite a few changes--I don't like being rushed and I'm going to be a mess on my first race day...

Also, I apologize for what's probably a rather dumb question, but can I bring my bike in for a tech inspection at any point throughout the race day or is there a fixed window of time during which I can only have my bike inspected?

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jones View Post
    Thanks for the pointers guys. So I guess my best bet would be to show up at a race weekend where I either run sprints on Sunday or corner work on Saturday (I've already done my Sunday corner working) and then use the other day to bring the bike by tech for a "practice" tech inspection? That way I would have enough time to bring the bike back to my trailer and make whatever changes are specified by the tech inspector. I don't see how else I can do it because when I did my corner working last time it took all day and so I don't think I would have time to get the bike inspected before having to go to my corner station and I certainly don't want to try and wait until race day to have my bike inspected for the first time and realize that I need to make quite a few changes--I don't like being rushed and I'm going to be a mess on my first race day...

Also, I apologize for what's probably a rather dumb question, but can I bring my bike in for a tech inspection at any point throughout the race day or is there a fixed window of time during which I can only have my bike inspected?
    You can take your bike to inspection anytime inspection is open. You must bring your completed tech form.
    Heinz Roy
    Novice #458 | BTO Racing #58 (Mini Endurance)
    Not a complete idiot, some parts are on backorder.
    Thanks to...Lucas Oil Products | Dunlop Tires | BDtrackside.com/Vesrah Brake Pads | SoloMotoParts.com | 212Decals.com | Moto Liberty