Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prov-Nov needing help with getting bike ready to pass tech

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Jones View Post
    I live in the loop in the Rice Military neighborhood though I keep my track day trailer, gear, etc about 30 minutes north of town.

My current plan is to register for 2 sprint races at MSRC on Sunday and come up Friday night which would give me all Saturday to get my bike all sorted and ready for tech. I suppose I will need to check to see if I will be allowed to park my trailer and camp overnight Friday and Saturday even though I've only registered for Sunday events. If not I'm sure I can find an RV park nearby and drive in on Saturday afternoon.

I think the most pressing questions I have are around the wet race light and how to mount it as well as how to wire the rear caliper. I've been asking around with other guys who have a 2013+ Daytona and I've yet to find anyone who has the caliper wired up so I'm not sure what I can do for it.
    Ive built and raced one, bring it to me Friday night and we'll get it set up...should be across from the registration tower.
    I see you mentioned track days only in your original post, can we assume you have already taken a riders school?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I live in the loop in the Rice Military neighborhood though I keep my track day trailer, gear, etc about 30 minutes north of town.

My current plan is to register for 2 sprint races at MSRC on Sunday and come up Friday night which would give me all Saturday to get my bike all sorted and ready for tech. I suppose I will need to check to see if I will be allowed to park my trailer and camp overnight Friday and Saturday even though I've only registered for Sunday events. If not I'm sure I can find an RV park nearby and drive in on Saturday afternoon.

I think the most pressing questions I have are around the wet race light and how to mount it as well as how to wire the rear caliper. I've been asking around with other guys who have a 2013+ Daytona and I've yet to find anyone who has the caliper wired up so I'm not sure what I can do for it.
    I'm at Stella Link and 610. I have one of my race bikes in the garage. PM me if you want to take a look or I can simply send you some pictures

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I think the most pressing questions I have are around the wet race light and how to mount it as well
    The rule book does not specify a model, so use your discretion. A red LED light for a bicycle works well. I've used GoPro mounts to secure the lights to the undertail. Amazon sells knock-off mounts with adhesive. Secure the light to slide in portion of the mount with safety wire or a zip tie. I would still drill that slide in mount for safety wiring it to a hard mount on the bike.

Bike #
    Thank you for the tip Christopher! I will see if I can get some velcro to mount the light. I may need to do as you've done and work the surface to make for a good, flat surface to bond the velcro to.

Bike #
    Steve, I actually know that area pretty well. I frequent a brewing supplies store down there. Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town this weekend so I'm not sure if I will have time to take you up on your offer before the event at MSRC but I do appreciate the offer and will keep it in mind for the future. That said, if you have your rear caliper wired up I would appreciate it if you could provide a picture or two of how you've managed to do it! I've seen plenty of pre-2013 bikes with their calipers wired, however, these bikes have exposed hex bolts which can simply be drilled and wired whereas the 2013+ bikes do not have any such thing.

Bike #
    Danny, I still need to confirm that I can make it to MSRC but assuming I can I could probably get there on Friday but with Houston Friday get-out-of-town rush hour traffic it is difficult for me to get to the track before 9:30 which may be too late to bother you? If I can make it to MSRC I'm only planning on running Sunday sprints, however, so I would have all Saturday depending on your availability.

Bike #
    Oh, I almost forgot... Yes, I completed the riders school a few months ago but I've only corner worked thus far and I'm hoping to get to MSRC to get my first weekend race requirement in.

Danny, I still need to confirm that I can make it to MSRC but assuming I can I could probably get there on Friday but with Houston Friday get-out-of-town rush hour traffic it is difficult for me to get to the track before 9:30 which may be too late to bother you? If I can make it to MSRC I'm only planning on running Sunday sprints, however, so I would have all Saturday depending on your availability.
    Saturday evening would be all im available, teach on sat morning then superteams , and T60 race.

Bike #
    I'm not going to be able to come up this evening due to some work obligations but I'm still hoping that I will get everything done tonight so that I can come up tomorrow. Fortunately I bumped into Ken Matthews last weekend at Cresson and was able to get some pointers from him about how to prep a Daytona to pass tech.

Also, if I were to show up tomorrow afternoon would there be any chance I could find parking for my 30' toy hauler? I've only gone to one CMRA event with my trailer back when I did my first corner working requirement at MSRH in June and I was lucky to even find a place to park it. I'd hate to drive 4+ hours from Houston and not get parking because I didn't show up on Friday...