Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: CMRA Class Lap Records

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,129
    Blog Entries
    1

    CMRA Class Lap Records

    How about a post on the forum listing the tracks and classes w/ track records.

    It can updated my CMRA members since the CMRA only recognizes the overall track records these days. Which was not always the case.

    Easy Peasy, and then it can't be said that the CMRA doesn't give a ****.


    There was an announcement this weekend of a CMRA class track record by two different racers. It could have been great advertising for the CMRA but RRW was told that CMRA only keeps track of the overall and that RRW can't mention that unless the times were official. So, why don't the CMRA members do it themselves here on the forum?
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hertell View Post
    How about a post on the forum listing the tracks and classes w/ track records.

    It can updated my CMRA members since the CMRA only recognizes the overall track records these days. Which was not always the case.

    Easy Peasy, and then it can't be said that the CMRA doesn't give a ****.


    There was an announcement this weekend of a CMRA class track record by two different racers. It could have been great advertising for the CMRA but RRW was told that CMRA only keeps track of the overall and that RRW can't mention that unless the times were official. So, why don't the CMRA members do it themselves here on the forum?
    Keith,

    Do you know how the CMRA kept track of this in the past?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,129
    Blog Entries
    1
    We had a race director that did it

    hahah, That wasn't meant to be a diss to Walter, it's just that I think there was much less going on for the RD to do back then.

    We didn't have air fence or scoring trailers etc.

    After Charles Brother's I think the person that wrote the Newsletter kept track.
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

  4. #4
    Administrator Walter Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Waco Texas
    Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Posts
    5,007
    To be fair in those days we were still using a stopwatch to time races.

    For a class lap record to be officially recognized by the CMRA it must be recorded by the CMRAs Mylaps timing and scoring system.

    That data must be maintained and updated by CMRA Timing and Scoring to remain official.

    That is the industry standard.

    I'll speak to Greg about capturing the lap records per class and about creating a database.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43
    Member since 1990

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,129
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yea, that is where RMJ and Rocco Landers got the Lap Times from, I presume. So, In my book (and yours) they are Official.

    How did it come about that Rocco and RMJ could not be cited in RRW?

    Anyway, Congrats to Rocco Landers and Maximum Johnson for setting new track records at Hallett in the 400 and 300 classes, respectively.


    It would be great to be able to have those records like we used to. It was always nice to be able to see where guys were at back in the day.
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

  6. #6
    Administrator Walter Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Waco Texas
    Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Posts
    5,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hertell View Post
    Yea, that is where RMJ and Rocco Landers got the Lap Times from, I presume. So, In my book (and yours) they are Official.

    How did it come about that Rocco and RMJ could not be cited in RRW?

    Anyway, Congrats to Rocco Landers and Maximum Johnson for setting new track records at Hallett in the 400 and 300 classes, respectively.


    It would be great to be able to have those records like we used to. It was always nice to be able to see where guys were at back in the day.
    And those times were recorded during the CMRA event at Hallett?
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43
    Member since 1990

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    And those times were recorded during the CMRA event at Hallett?
    I'm fairly sure they were announced, at least one was.

    The idea of keeping track of this is not too difficult. In practice however, it could be more problematic.

    Are the times on the results page considered official for keeping track of the records?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,129
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    And those times were recorded during the CMRA event at Hallett?
    I was speaking of the times posted on CMRA as the times they both beat. The posted times are the times you mentioned as being official.

    But, I digress. Let's just talk about the CMRA results.
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •