Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hallett ULW Endurance Protest Results!!

Hybrid View

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Exclamation Hallett ULW Endurance Protest Results!!

Subject:
    Technical Protest filed against Team FellonKnee by Redline Racing following the ULW Endurance Race held at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit on September 14, 2019

Action:
    Machine disassembly and measurements performed by Jim Cambora and Steve Upchurch at the request of the CMRA Director of Competition. A dyno run was also performed to establish a performance baseline at the request of the CMRA Director of Competition.

Observations:
    Inconsistencies that fall outside of CMRA Superstock rules and allowances were found during the inspection.
    1) Left velocity stack had been replaced with a short Right velocity stack. (OEM parts used in a non OEM location)
    2) Throttle bodies inside diameter have been resized. (throttle bodies were compared to unmodified throttle bodies and found to have a larger inside diameter)

Result:
    1)Team FellonKnee has been disqualified from the ULW Endurance race held on September 14, 2019.
    2) $500 protest fee will be returned to Redline Racing.
    3) Results and season points will be amended to reflect the disqualification
    4) An affidavit of fact from the technician that reassembles the Team FellonKnee engine stating that the engine has been reassembled in accordance with CMRA technical rules will be required.
    5) Post Tech Inspection of the airbox and throttle bodies will be performed following the final round of the CMRA ULW Endurance Series to be held at MSR Houston on October 26, 2019.

Team FellonKnee_Protest-Teardown Report.pdf
    Last edited by Walter Walker; 10-04-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

So are we still mad at David Rice? I vote yes! Lol

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I took a lot of heat for about a week or two. Several comments and posts removed from social media... Crickets now. Gonna bite my tongue and go racing instead.
    Expert #425
    2016 ESSE ULWE 2nd Place
    2018 250 ULWE Class Champion!
    2019 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2019 ULWE Overall Champion!
    2020 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2020 ULWE Overall Champion!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I ran out of popcorn about a week ago��
    Better Dead than Red

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Hallett results and points have been updated.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    IMO the team should be disqualified from the tournament and not just one race.
    They knew exactly what they were doing... this was intentional...
    If you don't set the record straight this will continue to happen over and over again...
    I think if the punishment was more severe, such as a fine to be paid to the club, suspension of the racing license and an written apology to the club members, they would refrain from even trying to think about doing such thing.
    I also think that the tournament winning bikes, per each class, should be subjected to the same protest inspections before the final results are placed for the season.
    You all know very well the amount of money and effort involved to prep the bike, travel expenses, entry fees and so on...
    It's unfair to the rest of the teams and club members that are playing by the rules.

Just my 2 cents...
    CMRA#672

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Respectfully, I disagree, Rod. The rules are effective, folks have always had the option to protest. This is just the first I’ve actually witnessed. Like with my children, lay out the [sensible] consequences for actions, and enforce them as advertised. No reason to over-inflate consequences. Further, this consequence is substantial: the championship is effectively lost when it was nearly won. Now that folks see the consequence enacted, it’s a deterrent.
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    Respectfully, I disagree, Rod. The rules are effective, folks have always had the option to protest. This is just the first I’ve actually witnessed. Like with my children, lay out the [sensible] consequences for actions, and enforce them as advertised. No reason to over-inflate consequences. Further, this consequence is substantial: the championship is effectively lost when it was nearly won. Now that folks see the consequence enacted, it’s a deterrent.

Is there a limit to how many times a team or a racer can be protested during the race season?
    And if the team or racer get caught cheating more than once through the season after the protest results, are there any consequences?
    I another words, what is the incentive for the rest of us to play by the rules?
    CMRA#672

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    ... This is just the first I’ve actually witnessed. Like with my children, lay out the [sensible] consequences for actions, and enforce them as advertised. No reason to over-inflate consequences. Further, this consequence is substantial: the championship is effectively lost when it was nearly won. Now that folks see the consequence enacted, it’s a deterrent.
    In my time with the club (8 years) i've seen 3 protest. Someone protested conner blevins probably 6 or 7 years ago at ECR.. Conner is just stupid fast and his bike was legal. Someone protested Manny for using a 300 engine in a 250 chassis and running the bike in E class (250s) and it was pretty obvious that it was in fact a 300 engine in a 250 frame...and the one we just did. I'd like to give the riders on the team the benefit of the doubt and i feel bad for those guys cause they could have been riding what they thought was a legal bike. Had patrick done that to me i already told him i wouldn't be riding his bike from that point forward and he would be SOL for the last round. But this protest should stick in everyone memory for a while and i hope others think twice before building a bike outside its class. A team that went 4 straight wins will be lucky to get 3rd because of it and thats a solid right cross and a fair punishment if you ask me.
    Expert #425
    2016 ESSE ULWE 2nd Place
    2018 250 ULWE Class Champion!
    2019 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2019 ULWE Overall Champion!
    2020 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2020 ULWE Overall Champion!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Palmore View Post
    In my time with the club (8 years) i've seen 3 protest. Someone protested conner blevins probably 6 or 7 years ago at ECR.. Conner is just stupid fast and his bike was legal. Someone protested Manny for using a 300 engine in a 250 chassis and running the bike in E class (250s) and it was pretty obvious that it was in fact a 300 engine in a 250 frame...and the one we just did. I'd like to give the riders on the team the benefit of the doubt and i feel bad for those guys cause they could have been riding what they thought was a legal bike. Had patrick done that to me i already told him i wouldn't be riding his bike from that point forward and he would be SOL for the last round. But this protest should stick in everyone memory for a while and i hope others think twice before building a bike outside its class. A team that went 4 straight wins will be lucky to get 3rd because of it and thats a solid right cross and a fair punishment if you ask me.
    I think you have it backwards. Connor’s dad protested Clealand @ ECR in 2014 which the bike was deemed legal and the protest lost.