Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 2020 CMRA Schedule!! (REVISED AND FINAL!)

With the 16 ultra light races you mentioned and doing away with Superteams and with folks seemingly wanted to commit to just one day or the other. Would it be beneficial and possible to race 8 of the ultra light/mini races in the morning , have a 4 or 5 hr endurance , then race the remaining 8 ultra light/mini races immediately after? Little bikes would now be Saturday , big bikes would be sunday.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    One option that has been discussed to replace Superteams is double sprint weekends. F1, F2, A B C D Superbike and Superstock, and LWT would get two races each spread over Saturday and Sunday. Obviously we need to get this all nailed down very soon. We have a BoD meeting scheduled for this weekend. Finalizing the event schedules is on the agenda.
    I’m hoping there is something better. I personally think this would steer more people away.

I don’t like 2 race idea.... mainly because it’s double cost in tires, fuel but mainly risk. And manufactures will only pay on final day results. As a guy trying to make a buck or 2 I’m not a fan of the idea. Now if we do a regional on sat and national on Sunday like wera I’m in! Double $

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    Some of our ULW riders have asked that we go back to the split schedule we had in 2018. Unfortunately that will be impossible. The combined schedule was frankly a necessity due to the additional ULW classes that were added for 2019. We had 10 ULW classes in 2018, that grew to 16 in 2019.
    Walter, I need to think a bit more on this but perhaps having ULW on both days isn't really the problem. Having BOTH ULW and big bike on both days is the issue, along with limited big bike practice on Saturday. Can we not move the big bike stuff back to Sunday and continue with whatever ULW won't fit on Saturday spill over to Sunday?

Ehhhh , leave it alone and give it one more year as is... Its all new and folks hate change, but it appears a few are interested in some stuff and maybe a few more will scan the rulebook. lol

Quote Originally Posted by John McKenzie View Post
    Walter, I need to think a bit more on this but perhaps having ULW on both days isn't really the problem. Having BOTH ULW and big bike on both days is the issue, along with limited big bike practice on Saturday. Can we not move the big bike stuff back to Sunday and continue with whatever ULW won't fit on Saturday spill over to Sunday?
    or this

so how close are we to a final, final schedule release?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    so how close are we to a final, final schedule release?
    As has been mentioned they are having a BOD meeting this coming sunday and I suspect this will be a big part of their meeting.
    So im also guessin "not close" lol.

Status
    Novice
    I second Danny's suggestion on Big Bikes on Sunday.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    checking in every few days for the endurance schedule. Trying to plan spring break and need to know if im flying from Colorado to New Orleans or if i get to go home.
    Expert #425
    2016 ESSE ULWE 2nd Place
    2018 250 ULWE Class Champion!
    2019 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2019 ULWE Overall Champion!
    2020 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2020 ULWE Overall Champion!