Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2020 CMRA Schedule!! (REVISED AND FINAL!)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Snyder View Post
    I'm personally not thrilled about a potential Barber date. Not that my opinion matters really.

While correct the drive to Nola for me is 9 hours straight up drive time but factor fuel stop, pulling trailers etc reality is about 11 hours considering I usually go by myself and don't have a relief driver. I stop to move around for a few minutes every couple hours. Barber is 15 hours considering the same. Not to mention both drives are on some knarly roads that just plain wear you out. Not to mention all the big city traffic going to barber I don't go to Nola for these same reasons.

Heartland park is 10 hours for me but a much easier drive without too many major cities

Long story short Barber would mandate at least one extra vacation day 2 if I wanted to stay all day sunday and race afternoon races. I get 40 days a year vacation all of which are currently used for CMRA and since I don't have a mon-fri job, sat and sun count for me

Barber is awesome and yes we would likely draw from other orgs but in the spirit of being regional club racing org Heartland could be a better option.

Just my worthless pennies worth of opinions

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Very good points on Heartland Park.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Do we know what weekends will be endurance weekends? Looks like every other month, except last. But I dont want to assume. Really need this info to help me make some decisions. Thanks!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Thomas View Post
    Do we know what weekends will be endurance weekends? Looks like every other month, except last. But I dont want to assume. Really need this info to help me make some decisions. Thanks!

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Walter!
    Bill Klindworth
    68 Still kicking... just a bit slower #737

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Any updates on what weekends are endurance rounds? Also is the weekend format changing?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Klesel View Post
    Any updates on what weekends are endurance rounds? Also is the weekend format changing?
    Coming soon!
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    Coming soon!
    How bout now? Are we there yet? Now? lol
    Have you and/or BOD decided the fate of T60 and Superteams...I've received a bit more interest in Superteams now that they have a better understanding of the simple rules .

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    How bout now? Are we there yet? Now? lol
    Have you and/or BOD decided the fate of T60 and Superteams...I've received a bit more interest in Superteams now that they have a better understanding of the simple rules .
    By a bit more interest, do you have an approximate guess as to how many you think would actually follow through with it and sign up?
    CMRA #75
    TipToes and Tonka Trucks Endurance #75
    Special thanks to R&R Tool and Die, G-Baby Racing, Cafe Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Harvey View Post
    By a bit more interest, do you have an approximate guess as to how many you think would actually follow through with it and sign up?
    52yrs of living 28 yrs on police dept, I can tell you for sure you never know what people will do or follow thru on what they say.
    But had 4 at the last round at MSRH and 2 more at the final Superteams race at MSR, after I took over the microphone and better explained the rules at the trophy presentation, ask. I also feel that solo 30 and superteams would increase if the sat/sun schedule went back with ultralights/mini on sat and big bikes on sunday

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I also feel that solo 30 and superteams would increase if the sat/sun schedule went back with ultralights/mini on sat and big bikes on sunday

Bingo��
    Better Dead than Red