Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legal for 500 Superstock?

Legal for 500 Superstock?

I have read the rule book but just wanted to ask, just in case. On the 400 Ninja are the Braketech Axis Iron rotors allowed. And how about bolt on fork braces??? Just wondering.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    generally if the rulebook does not address. it, no. Don't read the rules as if its not addressed its ok but rather if its not addressed then no

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

That’s kinda what I got from reading The Book. But then I read about people running 300’s in the 250 class so I thought well maybe........

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roden View Post
    I have read the rule book but just wanted to ask, just in case. On the 400 Ninja are the Braketech Axis Iron rotors allowed. And how about bolt on fork braces??? Just wondering.
    Pg 21 of the 2019 CMRA Rule Book

6.2 Sprint Series Categories

Superstock

u) Steel braided or Kevlar brake lines may be used. Brake pads may be changed. Brake pads may be beveled. Brake rotors may be changed to “wave” or “petal” type rotors of the same material and maximum diameter as the OEM rotors. Whether OEM or aftermarket, rotor edges may not be modified. Rear brake rotors may be modified (with the exception of edges) so long as modifications leave the rear brake functioning. No carbon fiber, cast iron or other exotic materials are permitted for brake rotors unless stock. No oversized rotors.

While not mentioned specifically fork braces are allowed in Superstock classes.

We are in the process of creating a list of general and machine specific allowances that have been granted. That list will be published along with the 2020 Rule Book.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roden View Post
    That’s kinda what I got from reading The Book. But then I read about people running 300’s in the 250 class so I thought well maybe........
    Michael,

I'm glad you brought this up. A similar situation came up earlier this season where a rider made a modification to his machine that was outside of what is allowed in CMRA Superstock Classes. His justification was that a completely different modification (SV cam swap) was allowed on a different machine type in a different CMRA series. He believed that that because that modification was allowed that what he did would also be allowed. The difference is that the SV cam swap was requested, vetted, and approved years ago where his modification was not. Making this kind of assumption is a fast track to protest and disqualification. There is a process in place to request machine and class allowances. 300cc singles in the 250 classes is another example of an allowance that was requested, vetted, and approved. To start that process all a rider/team owner has to do is ask.

Begging forgiveness rather that asking permission is not acceptable.

Pg 25 of the 2019 CMRA Rule Book

6.3 Sprint Series Classes and Regulations

250 Superbike, 250 Superstock (Expert/Novice)

Up to 250cc 4-stroke air and water-cooled twins
    Up to 305cc 4-stroke air and water-cooled singles
    Any bodywork allowed.
    All machines may upgrade to 17” wheels so long as they do not weigh less than the stock wheels for that model.
    Kawasaki EX250 (Ninja), Honda VTR 250, CBR250R (with 305cc overbore allowed on CBR250R only), CBR300R, and Buell Blast using Superstock rules with airbox modifications or individual filters allowed. Aprilia RS125 (street bike) with aftermarket exhaust and carburetor allowed.
    Formula 4 machines allowed in sprint class only.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

That’s great. Thanks for the help.

Manny Poulis

Any bodywork allowed.
    All machines may upgrade to 17” wheels so long as they do not weigh less than the stock wheels for that model.
    Kawasaki EX250 (Ninja), Honda VTR 250, CBR250R (with 305cc overbore allowed on CBR250R only), CBR300R, and Buell Blast using Superstock rules with airbox modifications or individual filters allowed. Aprilia RS125 (street bike) with aftermarket exhaust and carburetor allowed.
    Formula 4 machines allowed in sprint class only

Walter can u clarify that
    A cbr250 can be overbored to 305
    But can u take a cbr300 motor and put it in a 250 frame and bore it to a 305?
    I would think the tolerance for the 250 motor would be less then the 300 motor
    Can u please clarify if this mod would be legal

It would seem if a cbr300 would have to conform to ss rules the answer would be no u could not do that
    Please advise
    Thank you

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Poulis View Post

Any bodywork allowed.
    Formula 4 machines allowed in sprint class only

Walter can u clarify that
    A cbr250 can be overbored to 305
    But can u take a cbr300 motor and put it in a 250 frame and bore it to a 305?
    I would think the tolerance for the 250 motor would be less then the 300 motor
    Can u please clarify if this mod would be legal

It would seem if a cbr300 would have to conform to ss rules the answer would be no u could not do that
    Please advise
    Thank you
    Since Manny brought this up, my opinion is that the the overbore for the CBR250 should be limited to 286(I think that’s the other kit available) NOT 305. 305 makes the CBR250r outclass the EX250. 286 might make it a bit closer. I was the one that actually suggested allowing an overbore(I recommended the 286 kit) for the CBR250 to make it more competitive with the EX, but I think the allowance went a bit too far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -RMJ96-
    Armour Bodies | Bazzaz | Dunlop | Bison Track | Motion Pro | Vesrah | Vonhertell | Sidi | Woodcraft | 6D Helmets | Woods Cycle Country | Magura

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I fully support this suggestion to reduce the overbore! I am obviously biased and certainly need to get faster but I have seen first hand how that overbored CBR dominates the EX. I am assuming the one winning is a 305 and no doubt the rider has the skill to dominate on it. Not trying to take anything away from him.

I still do not support a 300 motor in a 250 frame Manny.

Manny Poulis
    Your funny John
    Im not interestead in a 300 ninja motor in a 250 ninja as well
    My question however did not get answered the question was can you have a CBR 300 motor in a CBR 250 chassis I would think that it would not be allowed however I would like to know the answer