Thread: Kawasaki Ninja 400 race prep packages - Clean & Un-Crashed

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries

Kawasaki Ninja 400 race prep packages - Clean & Un-Crashed

For the past several month's I've been able to pick up a few very low mile, un-crashed Ninja 400's that have been purchased from the original owners (no salvage titles, no auction purchases)

I currently have two extremely clean Ninja 400's (purchased from the original owners) that I am doing a Race Prep "Basic Build" or "Basic Build +" for sale with quality race preparation applied to a known quantity motorcycle.

• The "Basic Build" includes high quality race preparation with all CMRA technical specifications required to put the bike directly on the track (see table below for details)
    • The "Basic Build +" adds to the Basic Build with key Ninja 400 specific clutch and shift modifications and high quality Woodcraft rear-sets/clip-ons

These bikes have not been crashed aside from a possible driveway tip over - I will share pictures of the actual damage, if any, as part of the package. These are 2018 and 2019 models with 1,000 - 2,000 miles on them. Specific year, mileage and bike details will be specified in the build details
    All parts used in the build packages are the same exceptional parts that I use on my own sprint and endurance bikes. The thorough race preparation includes the same level of meticulous detail that I put into each of my own motorcycles.

I currently have two bikes available & ready to build. I will post up as I am able to find additional bikes that meet my criteria for purchase that eliminates unknown variables when building a new bike for the track. This gets you as close to a new showroom floor bike build as you will get without actually buying the bike off the showroom floor.

I can tweak any of the packages below depending on your build preference.

Direct message me for additional build options to incorporate suspension and/or full race exhaust components into the build package if needed. Vortex components are also available and can be incorporated into the package if desired.

Contact information:
    John Orchard: 214.422.4433 or johno51@gmail.com

EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

I'm just under $9300 in my build w salvage title. Not sure how you did it, but those are really great price values and John does top notch work.
    Good luck w sale(s).

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    killer deal for someone looking at getting a 400. As mentioned by Derek, John does top notch work. Bike will be built right.

Manny Poulis
    Derek, u have suspension exhaust fuel managment tune flash. Brake lines, a ton more componenta, bearings, spacers, brake rwservoir delete, exhaust hanger, regulator relocator,
    John is meticulous in building bikes and does a great job but its 5k short of what your bike is.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    Correct - what I have outlined is a "basic build" and a "basic build +". There are plenty of additional parts that can be added what I've outlined.

For me the appeal is the known quantity of the bike that I'm including in this package - original owner, uncrashed, clean title, 100% OEM, etc. etc. to eliminate any concern about what might be bent, damaged etc.. I've used this approach for years with the Village Idiots endurance bikes as well as my own sprint bikes and it's worked very well for me. This type of a platform isn't important to everyone and there are lots of ways to build a great race bike - but this core foundation is my strong preference and I enjoy finding these bikes when I can.

On top of that, I'm offering a very basic but meticulous turn key prep that gets a rider on the track with a complete CMRA rule based race prepped bike without having to turn a wrench.

I currently have three of these bikes.
    One will be the Village Idiots primary endurance bike - this bike started with 58 miles on it. This will be a full build similar to my sprint bike.
    The second bike has ~1,000 miles on it and I am doing a "basic build +" that will be used as the the Village Idiots back up endurance bike.
    The third bike is another ~1,000 mile bike from the original owner, clean title, 100% OEM parts, etc. etc. - this one is available.

Thanks for the interest - Happy to answer additional questions!
    EX #51
    Village Idiots #1 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
    CMRA Board of Directors 2010-2014; 2016-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Poulis View Post
    Derek, u have suspension exhaust fuel managment tune flash. Brake lines, a ton more componenta, bearings, spacers, brake rwservoir delete, exhaust hanger, regulator relocator,
    John is meticulous in building bikes and does a great job but its 5k short of what your bike is.
    Oh yes...I know. I used John and you both as build resources. I have no problem w building a bike either way...my point was some people MUST have clean titles bikes...its just their preference. Mine was not, as you know....but I built one sweet ride, thanks to you and your find. John seems to work really hard on finding these "gems" that are titled, but he must get them at really good deals...its a gift I dont have the patience for. But I'm pretty sure it wouldnt take another $5k to take one of his bikes and turn it into mine...that's a bit of a stretch, as mine has both a turbo AND a supercharger!��