Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Announcement / 2020 AMA Sanctioning & Membership Requirement

Joe , Harry ...thank you for trying to explain this. I think you have done an outstanding job. The questions have been answered and clearly the "answers" are not what each person is wanting to hear so it just continues the argument.
    CMRA IS AN AMA SANCTIONED EVENT. Can we move on and get ready for the actual racing? PLEASE.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Maybe we can all discuss it in person at the banquet.

#willithappen #stirringit
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Hey Danny,
    I've heard more than once here that AMA protects our right to ride and race.
    If so, is AMA fighting against the RPM act to become a law in 2020?

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...d-in-congress/

— Now is the time for Congress to pass legislation to save our racecars —

WASHINGTON, D.C. (December 17, 2019) – SEMA President & CEO Chris Kersting today commended U.S. Representatives Patrick McHenry (R-NC) and Raul Ruiz (D-CA) for introducing H.R. 5434, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2019 (RPM Act). The RPM Act of 2019 includes five other original sponsors: Reps. Richard Hudson (R-NC), Kurt Schrader (D-OR), Bill Posey (R-FL), Gil Cisneros (D-CA), and Michael Burgess (R-TX). This bipartisan bill protects Americans’ right to convert street vehicles into dedicated racecars and the motorsports-parts industry’s ability to sell products that enable racers to compete.

The RPM Act reverses the EPA’s interpretation that the Clean Air Act does not allow a motor vehicle designed for street use—including a car, truck, or motorcycle—to be converted into a dedicated racecar. This American tradition was unquestioned for nearly 50 years until 2015 when the EPA took the position that converted vehicles must remain emissions-compliant, even though they are no longer driven on public streets or highways.

“SEMA looks forward to working with Congress to enact the RPM Act and make permanent the Clean Air Act’s original intention that race vehicle conversions are legal,” said Kersting. “We thank Representatives McHenry and Ruiz for introducing a bipartisan bill that will protect racing and the businesses that produce, install, and sell the parts that enable racers to compete.”

The RPM Act is well positioned to become law in 2020. The bill cleared several major legislative hurdles in the previous Congress, including passage by the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee and hearings in the House and Senate.

“I am proud to help protect our nation’s automotive heritage and ensure motorsports enthusiasts across the country can continue the time-honored tradition of modifying stock vehicles for competitive racing,” said Rep. Patrick McHenry.

H.R. 5434 is the House counterpart to the Senate’s version of the bill, S. 2602, which was introduced by Senators Richard Burr (R-NC) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) and currently has 28 bipartisan cosponsors.

“Racing has always been close to my heart from the countless hours I spent with my father at the track,” said Rep. Raul Ruiz. “I am glad to support car owners and race enthusiasts around the country in their passion for racing, working on cars, and sharing moments with their sons and daughters under the hood.”

Motorsports competition involves tens of thousands of participants and vehicle owners each year, both amateur and professional. Retail sales of racing products make up a nearly $2 billion market annually. Most of the vehicles raced on the estimated 1,300 racetracks operating across the U.S. are converted vehicles that the EPA considers to be illegal.

It is important that members of Congress hear from the racing and automotive enthusiast communities about the importance of passing the RPM Act into law in 2020. To write a letter to your members of Congress, visit www.sema.org/rpm.

About SEMA

SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association founded in 1963, represents the $44.6 billion specialty automotive industry. The industry provides appearance, performance, comfort, convenience and technology products for passenger and recreational vehicles. Association resources include market research, legislative advocacy, training and product development support, as well as leading trade shows such as the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, NV, and the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show in Indianapolis, IN. For more information, visit www.sema.org, www.semashow.com, or Performance Racing Industry | Your Gateway To The Dynamic Racing Marketplace: Racing News, Trade Show & Magazine.
    Last edited by Rodrigo DaCunha; 12-18-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    CMRA#672

Its not a new battle, this has been proposed numerous times and the AMA has been involved in past proposals so I would think they will be involved in this go round too.
    FYI: please just post a link to articles and not copy paste, the editor has issues with this and rightly so.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    Its not a new battle, this has been proposed numerous times and the AMA has been involved in past proposals so I would think they will be involved in this go round too.
    FYI: please just post a link to articles and not copy paste, the editor has issues with this and rightly so.
    Thanks for the reply and the heads up Danny.
    I didn't knew about the RPM act and I was wondering if this was part of supporting AMA to continue fight for our right to ride/race as others here have mentioned.
    CMRA#672

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/?0

Rodrigo,

Here is the link to the AMA action center. And the answer is yes, as has been previously stated.

Please google “legislative actions of the American motorcyclist association”. Its all there. And it’s basically what I stated above. Post #84.
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Caruso View Post
    https://cqrcengage.com/amacycle/?0

Rodrigo,

Here is the link to the AMA action center. And the answer is yes, as has been previously stated.

Please google “legislative actions of the American motorcyclist association”. Its all there. And it’s basically what I stated above. Post #84.
    Thanks Caruso!
    I think this should be the focus and more than enough reason to support AMA.
    CMRA#672

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    You’re welcome.
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Caruso View Post
    You’re welcome.
    Do you feel better? Maybe a nap? hahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo DaCunha View Post
    Thanks for the reply and the heads up Danny.
    I didn't knew about the RPM act and I was wondering if this was part of supporting AMA to continue fight for our right to ride/race as others here have mentioned.

Hi Rodrigo!

Yes, the AMA is fighting this. See my post #45 if you have time. I have a few interesting links there.

Sincerely,

Brandie Cox