Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement / 2020 AMA Sanctioning & Membership Requirement

There is a way around paying the extortion money, Chris---don't pay! I'm OUT. I'm not going to be FORCED to join one organization to voluntarily remain a member of another. I called my endurance team owner yesterday and told him so. I'll use the CMRA money I was going to spend on sprints and endurance, and join Harris Hill to just do track days. If you see me during a race weekend, I'll have a beer in one hand and a set of tongs in the other!
    Former Expert #33, member since 1988, BOD 2001-2004, retired 2008, returned 2016.

I used to be fast. Ask me about my championships. Bring beer.

so this associates our amateur club w the Gorilla in the sport. I'm w Keith...what do we get in return? I'm not talking about what AMA has to offer someone who joins voluntarily, either.

Personally I would rather the club ask for donations for the handful of riders who are need the association and eventual licensure. I was a members as a result of this through a WERA event at Barber. I read maybe three articles. It created undue paper waste to the earth and cost me $50. I entered zero AMA sanctioned races.

Not a fan of our Boards decision. And from looks of it, not alot of people are.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I was planning on renewing two license for the 2020 season. After reading this, I will not be renewing those. Its wrong to force your club members to pay for a secondary membership to anything.

Has anyone posted how this benefits the club?

In a club with a history of struggling financially is this going to build memberships and strengthen our financial stability?

Does this benefit the majority of the club?
    Last edited by Scott McDaniel; 12-10-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    So my niece who is learning to ride an RS85 in our club texts me the other day with "did you see this new $50 dollar deal?, total BS". And she isn't off base. She is never going pro racing. The delivery of this was done poorly with no vote or input from the club. Surely there was a different way? - like spreading the amount out, or negotiating opt outs, or not doing it. It's completely a principle thing for those who have money - which everyone does who goes road racing, to some degree. Telling people with money to spend extra for no benefit is a near impossible sell. Its just like a creeping cable bill with some additional nonsense rider/taxation, eventually people twist off. Think trackdays=netflix lol. "Bill Riders are usually created as a tactic to pass a controversial provision that would not pass on its own merit"

Can the club go on without it? Does it guarantee increased participation/revenue? Does the AMA get all of the $50?

Status
    Novice
    Wow , guess I’ll have to just get a membership at msrh and do trackdays . Why pay for Cmra and AMA membership and never will use
    The AMA membership for anything ��

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    How Many Cmra racers are going to race in ama? Or should I say how many can afford to race ama events and Cmra events... every weekend I here in the paddock... I want to enter this and that race but can’t really afford it... plus if I do race I’m gonna need tires, race fuel... it actually isn’t benefiting anyone but a very select few that can afford it... seems like 2018-19 season the entry fees went up to where racers were having to pick and choose which races because of cost issues... now this is being forced on you.... BECAUSE??? No need for it����
    Here’s something to think about. Let’s say someone wants to go to the BIG show... they drive to NJMP... travel expenses, gas, tolls, lodging, gate fee, entry Fees, tires, race fuel. And the next weekend they are going to drive to Hallett... I think not...
    Last edited by Mike Ziegler; 12-10-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Every singe CMRA member that I have talked to has brought up this AMA fee over the last couple days. NONE of them are happy and all of them are talking about going back to track days. Thanks Obama!!!
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    just a shame.

3 active racers I spoke to stated they’re done. That it wasn’t the money, but the principle. Said the money they will save from racing this season, they will just get a membership at msrh and do member days and/or track days.

So if what people are saying is true, this would be a big loss in $ for the club.

Hopefully something changes. I don’t want to see anyone go.

Blog Entries
    Is this decision getting reversed?

I have guys that want to know before filling out the CMRA renewal form
    VonHertell.com
    Road & Track Suspension
    CMRA BOD 2000-2003

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    No Keith. It is not.
    CMRA Asst. Race Director/Safety Officer/Medical Liaison/Outrider
    CMRA BoD Member 2018-2023