Thread: Prov Nov in 2013...what now?

Prov Nov in 2013...what now?

Hello All,

I was a Prov Nov in 2013 but was unable to continue due to costs, school, life, etc.

Where would I stand now? Would like to get back in the circle. I understand having to start over at least as a fresh prov nov, so who do I contact to get the ball rolling?

Retake written test? CMRA dues?

Sorry, it’s been a while. Picked up a new bike and ready to ride the track, rather than the street.
    Last edited by Mike Adams; 12-10-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    Brawp Racing

CMRA Provisional Novice #293 SSA/B SBA/B mini endurance
    [COLOR="Lime"]BORC/BOMBer[

How many of your prov-nov requirements did you complete ?

Everything but the corner working. Multiple race weekends in 2012-2013, or maybe it was 13-14. Can't remember. Mini endurance, mini sprints and big bike sprints. MSRH, TWS, and NOLA.
    Brawp Racing

CMRA Provisional Novice #293 SSA/B SBA/B mini endurance
    [COLOR="Lime"]BORC/BOMBer[

Hi Mike,

If you did not complete all of the requirements you will need to start over. Per section 1.3 of the rulebook:

Provisional Novice riders must qualify for a Novice status License by submitting their
    Provisional Novice License with all required signatures proving completion of the following
    requirements to the Chief Registrar within twelve (12) months of the date on the accepted school
    graduation certificate:
    It's been 5 or 6 years, the refresher won't hurt and some things have changed around starting procedures (I think you were pre-start light) and some of the flags have changed so this isn't really a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael De Simone View Post
    Hi Mike,

If you did not complete all of the requirements you will need to start over. Per section 1.3 of the rulebook:

It's been 5 or 6 years, the refresher won't hurt and some things have changed around starting procedures (I think you were pre-start light) and some of the flags have changed so this isn't really a bad thing.
    yeah what he said. But let me get with Walter and see if i can streamline you a bit.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Danny Dominguez the streamliner....hahaha. Name:  streamliner_1280.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  519.8 KB

THAT IS AWESOME!

Mike , assuming i'm still employed as the school instructor in 2020, get signed up for whichever school you want either cmra or one of the providers and start the process again. If I can verify your completion of the riding requirements AND you go thru CMRA school where I can assess your riding I can waive the riding requirements and just have you do corner working to get you back on the track racing again.
    Danny