Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 DETAILED SCHEDULE POSTED!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Cool 2020 DETAILED SCHEDULE POSTED!!

2020 DETAILED SCHEDULE

Printable download can be found at the bottom of the page.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

any chance we can see an example of a weekend sprint race schedule or should we expect pretty much same as last season?
    Last edited by Derek Thomas; 12-11-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Alright, who the heck approved of the 4 and 5 hour endurance rounds!!?? This makes absolutely no sense, and why were we not asked before this!?? Makes it pointless to even have a full team show up to those rounds as two people can complete these races. I cannot be the only person upset about this. This takes tire strategy out of the equation, fuel stops, etc. what the heck!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    yea... i really honestly enjoyed the 6+ hour format as it felt like a true endurance. I know the racing hour are the same as previous season (32) but the addition of the extra event (6 instead of 5) really only increases my cost and time away from home/work. Strategy is greatly affected as well. I was really please with last year's schedule format...this year.. im less than excited :/
    Expert #425
    2016 ESSE ULWE 2nd Place
    2018 250 ULWE Class Champion!
    2019 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2019 ULWE Overall Champion!
    2020 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2020 ULWE Overall Champion!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks for getting us this.

Also, come on people, for a bunch of people who have arguable the coolest hobby in the world we sure do look like a bunch of whiny babies. 10 pages about how people only want to race their big bikes on one day rather than 2 days, 7 pages about a 50$ fee for the whole year now probably another 7 pages because we GET an extra round of endurance wtf? Why do you think no one wants to be in any leadership role in the club!? I'm just happy we have a place to race.

Figure out how to pack 50 bikes on the grid like days of old and I bet the BOD would leave the endurance series just the way you want and not attempt new formats or changes to keep the ship afloat .
    I'll be by the gate at MSRH for my beatings.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    Figure out how to pack 50 bikes on the grid like days of old and I bet the BOD would leave the endurance series just the way you want and not attempt new formats or changes to keep the ship afloat .
    I'll be by the gate at MSRH for my beatings.
    I don't think this is going to be much a difference in money the club thinks its going to make by adding an additional round but keeping the hours the same. I'd have rather it been 6 races with a minimum 6 hour race. keeping it at 32 hours entry fee's remain close to the same.. Gate fee's will remain similar because i don't need 3 guys now i only need 2.. 3rd guy can stay at home and not travel 5+ hours for a 4 hour race. Yes, there will be a slight increase in money for the club.. but im surely not gonna pull the whole team to houston or hallet for a 4 and 5 hour race when 2 guys can comfortably pull it off now on a single set of tires (400 class) where we get gas twice and make 2 rider swaps. I'd have been ecstatic had it been 38 hours vs the 32.
    Expert #425
    2016 ESSE ULWE 2nd Place
    2018 250 ULWE Class Champion!
    2019 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2019 ULWE Overall Champion!
    2020 500 SS ULWE Class Champion! 2020 ULWE Overall Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Palmore View Post
    I don't think this is going to be much a difference in money the club thinks its going to make by adding an additional round but keeping the hours the same. I'd have rather it been 6 races with a minimum 6 hour race. keeping it at 32 hours entry fee's remain close to the same.. Gate fee's will remain similar because i don't need 3 guys now i only need 2.. 3rd guy can stay at home and not travel 5+ hours for a 4 hour race. Yes, there will be a slight increase in money for the club.. but im surely not gonna pull the whole team to houston or hallet for a 4 and 5 hour race when 2 guys can comfortably pull it off now on a single set of tires (400 class) where we get gas twice and make 2 rider swaps. I'd have been ecstatic had it been 38 hours vs the 32.
    I see your focus etc...maybe these changes were made to effect other areas of income for the entire show/series/club/weekend and not for us endurance racers only? Just a thought. I'm not a BOD member but they have more on the plate than just endurance, just sprints, just ama fee, just...well I hope you see my point.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    As always this years schedule is a product of lessons learned from past seasons. I'm sure you all recall that we were unable to finish the scheduled endurance hours at several rounds last season. I personally drew quite a bit of criticism for that. There were a number of complaints about the limited practice available on Saturday. There were also complaints about starting the season with the 8hr. Simply put we were trying to do to much. That led to sacrificing practice time and cushion time to absorb unavoidable delays. This years schedule addressed many of those issues.

Over the years we have expanded the ULW Sprints Series from 1 class in 2011 to 17 classes in 2019. Team 60 became all ULW in 2018, and ULW Endurance became the only endurance series starting in 2019 when we dropped Championship Endurance. While our Ultra Lightweight classes and series are a big part of the CMRA they are not the only part. Neither Big Bikes nor ULWs can survive on their own so we have to find ways to fit it all together in the allotted time we have each weekend. Making this all work is an exercise in give and take from both sides.

I understand that most of our licenses holder could care less about the mechanics of how this all gets decided and put together. To a certain extent its human nature to only really care about how something will affect you personally. That's fairly evident in some of the comments that have been made in recent days on this subject and others. I've put in 50 years on this rock and as I have gotten older I have come to understand that the bigger picture is far more important. With that in mind I ask you all to take a step back and just for a moment try to look at that bigger picture.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Alex Howard
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Pence View Post
    Thanks for getting us this.

Also, come on people, for a bunch of people who have arguable the coolest hobby in the world we sure do look like a bunch of whiny babies. 10 pages about how people only want to race their big bikes on one day rather than 2 days, 7 pages about a 50$ fee for the whole year now probably another 7 pages because we GET an extra round of endurance wtf? Why do you think no one wants to be in any leadership role in the club!? I'm just happy we have a place to race.
    Thank you Jordan. CMRA made it to live another season.