Thread: Update on our chaplain?

Update on our chaplain?

Anyone know how he is doing? Not into the religion thing. But, I like seeing him there for those who are!
    Wanted him to know I’ve been thinking of him and am wishing him well. Happy holidays!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    I don't know any specifics of how Joe is doing but I certainly hope somebody can provide some input. I believe we all are concerned about his situation.
    Merry Christmas Joe. Get well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Boyle View Post
    Anyone know how he is doing? Not into the religion thing. But, I like seeing him there for those who are!
    Wanted him to know I’ve been thinking of him and am wishing him well. Happy holidays!
    Hey Brad I appreciate the concern. You would be surprised how well I don't get along with religious folk either. Haha.
    The cancer thing has been stretching in many ways. I believe I am healed and just need to survive the treatments. I have by most reports had an easier time than most with the side effects but still lose about a week of productivity after each round of chemo. The other weeks are ok but my energy levels are so low that the focus is on maintaining status quo professionally and postponing all growth plans.
    Of late I had to have a tooth pulled and a hole in my foot that was infected worked on. I did them both on the same day and nearly bit completely through my numb lip when he was hacking on my foot. They put me on three times normal dose for the antibiotics used and I have felt better every day. I find out Monday when I can wear shoes again. In the meantime my lip is causing me the most pain. Apparently toenails falling off (three so far) and teeth breaking is all part of the combo deal.
    I have my last round of chemo January 2nd and expect to have most bodily functions in control in time to make it to my Chaplains Training at Joe Gibbs Racing in Charlotte on January 10th.
    I hope to be at the Banquet and will be at every round except those that conflict with Hallet's COMMA sportscar series that I also cover as Chaplain and Tech inspector. Right now it looks like I will only miss the April round at MSRH.
    I truly love what I do and love all those I am privileged to cover. I feel like I am part of two awesome dysfunctional families that I would defend with my life. Sorry for all the words but it's what I do. Blessings and Love to you all- Jolly Joe

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thank you so much for the update Joe. It certainly sounds like a challenging struggle.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Blog Entries
    Get better quickly Joe !
    Bill Klindworth
    68 Still kicking... just a bit slower #737

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Great news Joe! And so happy you’re not, well, you know...

Hang in there!
    Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.
    Racing support: The Metric Garage

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    keep the faith Joe! All the best for 2020

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thank you for the update Joe, been thinking about you. Prayers for you my friend.
    CMRA #413
    G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
    2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
    2015 US National Endurance LW National Champions

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    We all love you Joe. Glad you are staying positive. Keep the faith! You are in our prayers daily, God Bless You!