Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 GSXR 600 brake upgrade help

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Not sure if I am going recall or straight for the upgrade but all the info is helpful. The Brembo options arent as expensive as I thought.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    If you don't want the recall master, you can go ahead and do it, then give it to me when you put the Brembo (or whichever) on. ;)
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Make sure you are using a good fluid that won't boil so quickly like the OEM.
    I think most of us are using the Motul 660 which is a High Performance brake fluid with very high dry boiling point of 617°F (325°C) and wet boiling point of 400°F (204°C). For all types of hydraulic brake and clutch... just saying...
    Here is the comparison between the 600 and 660 "RBF 660 Factory Line features a dry boiling point of 325°C, higher than RBF 600 Factory Line. ... It maintains a higher dry and wet boiling point of 272°C and 185°C respectively compared to DOT3&4 and DOT 4 brake fluids.
    CMRA#672

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo DaCunha View Post
    Make sure you are using a good fluid that won't boil so quickly like the OEM.
    I think most of us are using the Motul 660 which is a High Performance brake fluid with very high dry boiling point of 617°F (325°C) and wet boiling point of 400°F (204°C). For all types of hydraulic brake and clutch... just saying...
    Here is the comparison between the 600 and 660 "RBF 660 Factory Line features a dry boiling point of 325°C, higher than RBF 600 Factory Line. ... It maintains a higher dry and wet boiling point of 272°C and 185°C respectively compared to DOT3&4 and DOT 4 brake fluids.
    That's a very good point! I had assumed that was cleared already, but I shouldn't assume anything
    Marcelo Fartura
    CMRA sprint #25 (former #245)
    ULW Endurance #11 (Torque Addicts)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Oh yes, good mention but one of the first things I did when I bought the bike last year. Flush, replace, bleed, repeat. I use Maxima Race, similar specs to Motul but been using the brand for years in MX and scramble.

Getting MC rebuilt under recall this weekend as Steve said and will decide if I go aftermarket once I have a chance to compare.