Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems With License Applications!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Exclamation Problems With License Applications!!

While processing 2020 License Renewal Applications we have found a number of issues centered around this years inclusion of electronic signatures.

1) Improper Electronic Signatures:

Per the instructions on page 1 of the 2020 Competition License Application and the 2020 Non-Competition License Application.

9. Sign and date the License Application and the Emergency Contact Form. ‘Electronic’ signatures are allowed using the signature function in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Cut and paste signatures will not be accepted.
    This means that the electronic signature function in Adobe Acrobat Reader MUST be used. No other type of electronic signature will be accepted.

The Adobe Acrobat Reader validation information MUST appear in the signature field along with the signature.

Example of Signature with Validation Information:

Name:  59943966897__AE57DD90-00A3-4447-B9D2-9C38B7419697.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  33.0 KB

To use this function on in this years Fillable 2020 License Applications Adobe Acrobat Reader must be downloaded and installed on the computer used to complete the 2020 License Applications.

A link to the Adobe Acrobat Reader download page is included in the instructions on page 1 of the 2020 License Applications.

2) Missing Signatures:

We have received a number 2020 License Applications with credit card payment information but no signature in the Credit Card payment signature field. We cannot process Credit Card payments without that signature.

We will be calling applicants that submitted forms with signature issues over the next few days. Unfortunately License Applications with signature issues will have to resubmitted. If you are asked to resubmit your 2020 License Application you will be given additional time to do so.

Thank you all for your cooperation.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    So printing form and signing manually is not OK?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Petitpas View Post
    So printing form and signing manually is not OK?
    Mike,

The issues described above are related to ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES only.

You CAN still print the forms and sign them manually.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Exclamation

Everyone that I have spoken with this morning has had the same issue.

TO USE THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE FUNCTION ON THIS YEARS FILLABLE FORMS YOU MUST USE ADOBE ACROBAT READER!

ADOBE ACROBAT READER MUST BE SET AS THE DEFALT APPLICATION FOR HANDLING PDF FILES!

If you are using ADOBE ACROBAT READER the forms will look like this:

Name:  IMG_1956 (2).jpg
Views: 449
Size:  158.8 KB

Blue shaded fillable fields will be outlined in red.

The signature fields will have a small red arrow in the upper left hand corner with the word signature.

If your forms DO NOT appear like the above example then you either do not have ADOBE ACROBAT READER installed or it is not set as the default application for handling PDF files.

ADOBE ACROBAT READER is a FREE download.

If all else fails simply print the forms and fill and sign by hand scan and Email.

We have also received a number of forms in JPEG (photo) format. Please sent completed forms in PDF format only!!
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks for the education, Walter. I really appreciate the option and hope it has a great ROI.

Minor correction: there's no need to set Acrobat as default, just ensure that's the application used to edit the PDF.
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks for clarifying Walter.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    Thanks for the education, Walter. I really appreciate the option and hope it has a great ROI.

Minor correction: there's no need to set Acrobat as default, just ensure that's the application used to edit the PDF.
    BTW It looks like you didn't use Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Please correct and resend by Friday.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    After banging my head on Adobe Reader for a bit, I now have a properly signed document to submit. The nuance I struggled with is the difference between an electronic signature and a digital signature. By CMRA policy, we must use a digital signature, which must be configured in Adobe Acrobat if you want your name to appear, which I assume is required and was certainly confusing when it didn't appear; it doesn't just work, at least to the degree the electronic signature does.

Digital Signatures - https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign...signature.html

For Electronic Signatures, scroll to the bottom of that page and follow the link to information about them. There's a handy video that contrasts Digital Signatures and Electronic Signatures.

EDIT: to be more direct but still in a respectful, constructive manner, the process of setting up a digital signature isn't intuitive and the seemingly explicit instructions at the top could be improved for clarity. "Electronic signature" should be changed to "digital signature, and I provided a link above (and below) that would ideally be included in any instructions.

Something more explicit to understand creating your digital signature - https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/sites/de...signatures.pdf
    Last edited by Josh Henke; 01-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    Provisional Expert #98

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Henke View Post
    After banging my head on Adobe Reader for a bit, I now have a properly signed document to submit. The nuance I struggled with is the difference between an electronic signature and a digital signature. By CMRA policy, we must use a digital signature, which must be configured in Adobe Acrobat if you want your name to appear, which I assume is required and was certainly confusing when it didn't appear; it doesn't just work, at least to the degree the electronic signature does.

Digital Signatures - https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign...signature.html

For Electronic Signatures, scroll to the bottom of that page and follow the link to information about them. There's a handy video that contrasts Digital Signatures and Electronic Signatures.

EDIT: to be more direct but still in a respectful, constructive manner, the process of setting up a digital signature isn't intuitive and the seemingly explicit instructions at the top could be improved for clarity. "Electronic signature" should be changed to "digital signature, and I provided a link above (and below) that would ideally be included in any instructions.

Something more explicit to understand creating your digital signature - https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/sites/de...signatures.pdf
    This^^

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

How about getting multiple team members' digital signatures on a form??

Thought I had it all together on this electronic, er... digital signature from doing my license application earlier in the year. But we tried to do one of these for our endurance team this round by passing it around, and after the first guy put his digital signature on it and sent it to me, I was not able to add my signature. Has anyone done this and is there some magic that will allow it to be done?
    David B.