Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: 2020 Rule Book Available for Download!!

  1. #1
    Administrator Walter Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Waco Texas
    Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Posts
    5,245

    Cool 2020 Rule Book Available for Download!!

    The 2020 CMRA Rule Book is available for download HERE.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    789
    Posts
    999
    Scanned the redlined version and have a couple quick questions:

    1) In the suggestion thread, I had asked about removing the OEM gearing restriction from the Grom class. Can you give some insight as to why this was left in there? Based on what IS allowed, I don't understand why sprocket changes are not allowed. I do like the removal of fuel controller restriction.

    2) With the realignment the past couple years with MA / FIM, why are we keeping the 2>1>turn part of the start procedure instead of just going with the lights, or at the very least, keeping the card turn? The card turn lends nothing to the process other than confusion.
    #789
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

  3. #3
    Anyone got a 99 R6 they want t o get rid of..asking for a friend..lol

  4. #4
    Senior Member Michael Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    310
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    Anyone got a 99 R6 they want t o get rid of..asking for a friend..lol
    I see what your doing there, very smart indeed....

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Administrator Walter Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Waco Texas
    Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Posts
    5,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    1) In the suggestion thread, I had asked about removing the OEM gearing restriction from the Grom class. Can you give some insight as to why this was left in there? Based on what IS allowed, I don't understand why sprocket changes are not allowed. I do like the removal of fuel controller restriction.
    Allowing gearing to be changed would give smaller riders a huge advantage over larger riders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    2) With the realignment the past couple years with MA / FIM, why are we keeping the 2>1>turn part of the start procedure instead of just going with the lights, or at the very least, keeping the card turn? The card turn lends nothing to the process other than confusion.
    MA is a professional series CMRA is an AMATEUR series. Our start procedure is an INDUSTRY STANDARD in AMATEUR racing. WERA, CCS, AFM, and LRRS to name a few all use the same procedure. the ONLY difference is that we use a light in place of the green flag. The light is much more precise that a flag. The light is either on or off. There is nothing to be confused about in our procedure. The BOARDS are a countdown to the light going out which signifies the start of the race. The BOARDS provide separation between waves. Doing away with an INDUSTRY STANDARD procedure because a handful of riders are confused makes no since. That handful of riders simply needs to learn the procedure.

    Light ON don't move.

    Light OFF go.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

  6. #6
    Senior Member Michael Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    310
    Posts
    667
    Not a rulebook question directly but I see where the term credentials are being used for picking up entries, tech, around the paddock etc. Does this properly imply that there will be a option to purchase a season gate pass with hard card option or does that simply mean wristbands?



    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Administrator Walter Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Waco Texas
    Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Posts
    5,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Snyder View Post
    Not a rulebook question directly but I see where the term credentials are being used for picking up entries, tech, around the paddock etc. Does this properly imply that there will be a option to purchase a season gate pass with hard card option or does that simply mean wristbands
    We already have hardcards for CMRA Staff and Officials and we issue wristbands to license holders and spectators. With that in mind we decided to use the term credentials that covers both. In the long term we do hope to be able to offer season hardcards for license holders but that likely will not be available for 2020. We are already laying the ground work for this by allowing Electronic Signatures. This will allow applicants to easily execute an annual gate waiver. The more that we discussed the idea of hardcards the more questions arose. There are a number of variables that will need to be sorted through before we can put this in place.

    Be patient.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Michael Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    310
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    We already have hardcards for CMRA Staff and Officials and we issue wristbands to license holders and spectators. With that in mind we decided to use the term credentials that covers both. In the long term we do hope to be able to offer season hardcards for license holders but that likely will not be available for 2020. We are already laying the ground work for this by allowing Electronic Signatures. This will allow applicants to easily execute an annual gate waiver. The more that we discussed the idea of hardcards the more questions arose. There are a number of variables that will need to be sorted through before we can put this in place.

    Be patient.
    Thanks for the clarification Walter. can I wear my wristband on a lanyard? Just kidding

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Senior Member Michael Snyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    310
    Posts
    667
    One more, for the added superteam number is that any color any font as long as it's 2 inch or does there need to be a background color? I imagine any contrasting color to the surface applied but want to make sure.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Administrator Walter Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Waco Texas
    Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Posts
    5,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Snyder View Post
    One more, for the added superteam number is that any color any font as long as it's 2 inch or does there need to be a background color? I imagine any contrasting color to the surface applied but want to make sure.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    The helmet number sets we sell in registration is what we had in mind but sharpie on a piece of duck tape will work. We need the team number for gridding and Team ID in the event of a crash.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •