Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Rule Book Available for Download!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Cool 2020 Rule Book Available for Download!!

The 2020 CMRA Rule Book is available for download HERE.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Scanned the redlined version and have a couple quick questions:

1) In the suggestion thread, I had asked about removing the OEM gearing restriction from the Grom class. Can you give some insight as to why this was left in there? Based on what IS allowed, I don't understand why sprocket changes are not allowed. I do like the removal of fuel controller restriction.

2) With the realignment the past couple years with MA / FIM, why are we keeping the 2>1>turn part of the start procedure instead of just going with the lights, or at the very least, keeping the card turn? The card turn lends nothing to the process other than confusion.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Anyone got a 99 R6 they want t o get rid of..asking for a friend..lol

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Dominguez View Post
    Anyone got a 99 R6 they want t o get rid of..asking for a friend..lol
    I see what your doing there, very smart indeed....

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    1) In the suggestion thread, I had asked about removing the OEM gearing restriction from the Grom class. Can you give some insight as to why this was left in there? Based on what IS allowed, I don't understand why sprocket changes are not allowed. I do like the removal of fuel controller restriction.
    Allowing gearing to be changed would give smaller riders a huge advantage over larger riders.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    2) With the realignment the past couple years with MA / FIM, why are we keeping the 2>1>turn part of the start procedure instead of just going with the lights, or at the very least, keeping the card turn? The card turn lends nothing to the process other than confusion.
    MA is a professional series CMRA is an AMATEUR series. Our start procedure is an INDUSTRY STANDARD in AMATEUR racing. WERA, CCS, AFM, and LRRS to name a few all use the same procedure. the ONLY difference is that we use a light in place of the green flag. The light is much more precise that a flag. The light is either on or off. There is nothing to be confused about in our procedure. The BOARDS are a countdown to the light going out which signifies the start of the race. The BOARDS provide separation between waves. Doing away with an INDUSTRY STANDARD procedure because a handful of riders are confused makes no since. That handful of riders simply needs to learn the procedure.

Light ON don't move.

Light OFF go.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Not a rulebook question directly but I see where the term credentials are being used for picking up entries, tech, around the paddock etc. Does this properly imply that there will be a option to purchase a season gate pass with hard card option or does that simply mean wristbands?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Snyder View Post
    Not a rulebook question directly but I see where the term credentials are being used for picking up entries, tech, around the paddock etc. Does this properly imply that there will be a option to purchase a season gate pass with hard card option or does that simply mean wristbands
    We already have hardcards for CMRA Staff and Officials and we issue wristbands to license holders and spectators. With that in mind we decided to use the term credentials that covers both. In the long term we do hope to be able to offer season hardcards for license holders but that likely will not be available for 2020. We are already laying the ground work for this by allowing Electronic Signatures. This will allow applicants to easily execute an annual gate waiver. The more that we discussed the idea of hardcards the more questions arose. There are a number of variables that will need to be sorted through before we can put this in place.

Be patient.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    We already have hardcards for CMRA Staff and Officials and we issue wristbands to license holders and spectators. With that in mind we decided to use the term credentials that covers both. In the long term we do hope to be able to offer season hardcards for license holders but that likely will not be available for 2020. We are already laying the ground work for this by allowing Electronic Signatures. This will allow applicants to easily execute an annual gate waiver. The more that we discussed the idea of hardcards the more questions arose. There are a number of variables that will need to be sorted through before we can put this in place.

Be patient.
    Thanks for the clarification Walter. can I wear my wristband on a lanyard? Just kidding

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    One more, for the added superteam number is that any color any font as long as it's 2 inch or does there need to be a background color? I imagine any contrasting color to the surface applied but want to make sure.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Snyder View Post
    One more, for the added superteam number is that any color any font as long as it's 2 inch or does there need to be a background color? I imagine any contrasting color to the surface applied but want to make sure.

The helmet number sets we sell in registration is what we had in mind but sharpie on a piece of duck tape will work. We need the team number for gridding and Team ID in the event of a crash.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990