Thread: LOOKING for a small bike for my son to start school in CMRA Feb 13th. 10 YO kid.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Question LOOKING for a small bike for my son to start school in CMRA Feb 13th. 10 YO kid.

Hello, Im looking for my son to take the class for the kids at this season opener, I have several dirt bikes but nothing with supermoto wheels, he is riding right now a KLX140L and a KX80 (Too big for him still). but also have a TTR50, CRF70F and a KTM 65SX. but last season he saw some kids riding on the track and he wants to try it. before I go and spend some money< I want to see if there is a bike I can rent for him to try it out, or If anybody have something for cheap. or maybe some supermoto wheels for any of the above bikes. or does it have to be specific size bikes for him to do the trackday on this coming Feb 13th season? he is going to turn 11yo this Feb 15th so I wanted to let him try it.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Marco

Marco,
    I have a TTR-110 that he can try out the first round at Houston if you would like. My son used it the last couple years, but has graduated to bigger bikes. I use it for a pit bike also, but was actually looking at loaning it out this season to new kids each round to get more involved. You will need to sign him up and he will have to attend the JR Motard class. Also, will need some gear to ride, but you can look up the requirements in the rule book. You can text/call me at 214-471-0981
    Steve
    steved.racing@gmail.com
    (214) 471-0981 (cell)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks a Lot Steve, I will see you Thursday Night or Friday AM,, I am enrolling Alex for the Class.. thx. Now I will look for suit requirements on rule book.

If you are going to have him do the jr motard races then you will not need to enroll in the full race school. For Jr motard its a quick 20 min classroom in the mornings, right after the riders meeting.

Marco,
    How big is your son...I have some gear you could borrow and that's for sale if it works for you. Let me know.

If he likes the ttr-110, I have one for sale that's CMRA legal and ready. Could make you a complete gear/bike package deal if you guys decide you like roadracing.

Derek Thomas
    469-226-4369