Thread: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CANCELED NOLA EVENT!!

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Cool IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CANCELED NOLA EVENT!!

To All CMRA License Holders and Supporters:

At 02:00pm CST on Friday, March 13th, Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards issued an order banning any gatherings including more than 250 people due to the COVID-19 virus.

A short time later CMRA Race Director, Walter Walker was informed that all on track operations must cease and that the paddock must be cleared as soon as possible.

The CMRA offers its sincerest apologies to the competitors, teams, staff, and fans, who had traveled significant distances for Round 2 of the CMRA Championship Series, including Saturday's 8hr Ultra Lightweight Endurance event and full Championship Sprint schedule.

We respect and support the Governor's decision in the best interest of overall public health.

The CMRA is continuing to make preparations for the next scheduled event at MSR Houston, April 24th - 26th with two important adjustments:

With over four weeks until the MSR Houston event and the impact of COVID-19 evolving on a daily basis, we recognize the potential for this event to be postponed or cancelled based on any threat to the health and safety to the CMRA family. To be clear, while the event remains scheduled we are closely monitoring public directives and input from CMRA license holders. Should any changes be required, 7-14 day prior notice will be provided.

The events scheduled for the canceled NOLA Motorsport Park event weekend will be moved to the April MSR Houston event weekend, Saturdays 8hr Ultra Lightweight Endurance and Saturday & Sunday Championship Sprints will all be included. Superteams & Team60 events will not run at the April MSR Houston event.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY!!
    The events previously scheduled for the April 24th - 26th MSR Houston weekend will be moved to the final round of the season to be held at MSR Houston scheduled for October 23rd - 25th and will replace the events previously scheduled for that weekend. Revised schedule information can be found on the SCHEDULE PAGE on the CMRA website.

We are now reaching out to all impacted competitors regarding outstanding NOLA race entries. We have created the attached fillable Request for Refund Form specifically for the canceled NOLA Event. REQUEST FOR REFUND OF ENTRIES FOR CANCELED MARCH NOLA EVENT

It is the CMRA's intent to execute the NOLA race weekend schedule at the upcoming April 24th - 26th MSR Houston event weekend (Championship Sprints & 8hr Ultra Lightweight Endurance). Unless directed otherwise by the submission of the attached form, all race entries received for Round 2 at NOLA Motorsport Park will be processed as Pre-entries for Round 3 at MSR Houston with no action required on your part. This is for Saturday & Sunday Sprint and ULW Endurance race entries only and does NOT include Friday practice.

If you require a refund for Saturday and/or Sunday race entries for the canceled event at NOLA Motorsport Park please complete the attached form and email to admin@cmraracing.com. If the original payment was by credit/debit card, the refund will be credited back to the card account. If the original payment was by cash or check, the refund in the form of a CMRA issued bank check will be mailed to the entrant or registered endurance team owner. This will be a full refund. NO admin fee will be charged.

NOTE: If you are unable to attend the April 24th - 26th MSR Houston event and would like a credit applied to another event weekend, please email Alexandra Howard admin@cmraracing.com to make those arrangements.

Continue to monitor the CMRA Website and Facebook Page for updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Dropping in to say "Well-handled, IMO " and to wish all of the CMRA family and organization the best in these strange and trying days.
    Alan Etheredge, Associate and Interested Observer ~2003-2019
    At-Track Registration Staff ~2003-2017; CMRA Administrator 2009.

Thank you for handling this in a timely manner.

But credit for the 1/2 day of practice that was canceled on Friday would have been appreciated.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roden View Post
    Thank you for handling this in a timely manner.

But credit for the 1/2 day of practice that was canceled on Friday would have been appreciated.
    We have to be reasonable, I’m sure the club didn’t receive a refund from the track for the half day.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    We've had several questions about refunds and/or credits for the canceled Friday sessions.

As Michael mentioned we have not received a refund for any portion of Friday from the track. Staff, Corner Marshals, Ambulance, Insurance, and travel expenses also had to be paid. We truly regret the way the event ended and are doing all that we can to accommodate our customers in the form of credits and refunds for race entries to those that need them. We are moving forward with plans to hold our next event at MSR Houston in April and we hope to see everyone there. As mentioned above those that entered races at NOLA will be automatically pre-entered for the April MSR Houston race weekend. If something changes we will get that information out as quickly as possible.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Having to coordinate with track management, corner workers, staff, CMRA staff and us is a task I would not want. I can only imagine the crap you have to deal with. Add this to the mix and....well, the word impossible is on the tip of my tongue. No one wants to drive hours to be told to go home. Including race direction. This is just a no win for everyone. I appreciate, not only the time and effort that Walter and ALL the CMRA staff put into this, but also dealing with the stress that will inevitably cause many strokes. lol Thanks guys and gals and I’m sure I speak for most members when I say we’re here for you. Thank y’all.
    Isn’t is sad how some people’s grip on their lives is so precarious that they’ll embrace any preposterous delusion rather than face an occasional bleak truth?
    CMRA Novice #211

Status
    Novice
    I agree with Mr. Millsap.... I did send an E-Mail to Alex about the 1/2 day pratice refund..... but understand CMRA stance, just a bigger ball rolling down and came to me.