Thread: What's the Confidence Level We Are Actually Racing in July?

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

What's the Confidence Level We Are Actually Racing in July?

So I read in the amended EO-GA-28 that outdoor gatherings over 10 people are prohibited unless permission is received from either the mayor or a county judge. Where does the CMRA fall in that order?

Spending the time and money traveling to NOLA only to have it cancelled sucked cockwaffles and I don't think anyone saw it coming.

With the latest executive order on gatherings, what are the chances we're going to spend time and money to get there and get set up only to have someone call us in and we get shut down again?

In this climate I don't expect 100% confidence but are we 75% certain we won't be considered in violation? 85.92%?

I just don't want to see the club and members spend a bunch of money to not race.
    TipToes and TonkaTrucks #75
    G-Baby Racing #13
    www.Caferacerinc.com
    R&R Tool & Die Co.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    We are in daily contact with MSR management and are monitoring state and local mandates closely. As of today we are 100% confident that the July MSR event is a go. If anything changes we will give everyone as much advance notice as possible.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Walker View Post
    We are in daily contact with MSR management and are monitoring state and local mandates closely. As of today we are 100% confident that the July MSR event is a go. If anything changes we will give everyone as much advance notice as possible.
    Awesome! I guess that means MSR management has acquired the correct permissions to ensure we won’t be shut down or we’ve determined we’re exempt?

Thanks Walter and the BOD for putting in the work to navigate the Rona and ensure we’re still racing!
    TipToes and TonkaTrucks #75
    G-Baby Racing #13
    www.Caferacerinc.com
    R&R Tool & Die Co.