Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 SEASON SCHEDULE SNEAK PEAK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Harvey View Post
    I agree with that too. If we’re going to go to Houston 4 times, I would have liked to see HPT on the schedule instead of NOLA.

Right now, the schedule favors the Houston crowd quite a bit. The DFW crowd drives about 600 more miles (~10 hours on average, maybe), than Houston crowd does.

Change NOLA to HPT and the difference is only about 200 miles. I get it, that HPT is a really long drive from Houston, but there’s also 4 rounds where you can probably stay at your own house, and run the full Sunday without getting home late.
    I don't think we were able to gets dates that worked with the rest of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Harvey View Post
    I agree with that too. If we’re going to go to Houston 4 times, I would have liked to see HPT on the schedule instead of NOLA.

Right now, the schedule favors the Houston crowd quite a bit. The DFW crowd drives about 600 more miles (~10 hours on average, maybe), than Houston crowd does.

Change NOLA to HPT and the difference is only about 200 miles. I get it, that HPT is a really long drive from Houston, but there’s also 4 rounds where you can probably stay at your own house, and run the full Sunday without getting home late.
    Well, this schedule has me considering skipping some CMRA events to go race WERA at Barber and High plains with MRA.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    The proposed event at Heartland Park in April was dependent on an event at ECR in March. ECR did not have an open date in March. Heartland Park in March was too great a risk from a weather standpoint. While I agree that four rounds at Houston is not ideal its what we have until someone builds us a new track. We'll work hard to secure dates at ECR and HP in 2022.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

2021 SEASON SCHEDULE SNEAK PEAK!!

Having raced in the Midwest, I agree that a HPT date in March is too much of a risk. We’ve left the old first TWS rounds of the year to drive back to 12” of snow before.

Walter, I do appreciate your efforts to put the schedule together. I know it’s not easy, considering all other factors. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for ECR and HPT next year.
    CMRA #75
    TipToes and Tonka Trucks Endurance #75
    Special thanks to R&R Tool and Die, G-Baby Racing, Cafe Racer

Thats what I was kinda meaning on an earlier post. HPT in August and MSR Cresson in March or April (Instead of August).

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ducharme View Post
    Thats what I was kinda meaning on an earlier post. HPT in August and MSR Cresson in March or April (Instead of August).
    Heartland Park had no availability in June, July, or August.
    MSR had no availability in March or April.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    I had heard that the reason we didn't do HPT after NOLA is that the CMRA didn't want two back to back long drives. From a N. Texas viewpoint it is only a slight longer drive and I would prefer it rather than have had a 4th Houston round.

Dallas to NOLA: 990
    Dallas to HPT: 992
    Total for R2 and R3: 1982

Houston to NOLA: 700
    Houston to HPT: 1468
    Total for R2 and R3: 2168

Houston racers drive only 186 miles more

With the current schedule for the NOLA and MSRH rounds...

Dallas total: 990 + 556 = 1546
    Houston total: 700 + 80 = 780
    Dallas area racers drive 766 miles more

If you look at the schedule right now

Dallas total: 4514
    Houston total: 4076

Dallas drives 438 more

I left out San Antonio, Shreveport, OKC, and Tulsa cause they are just screwed no matter where we go.
    Last edited by Steven Smith; 11-20-2020 at 08:28 PM.
    www.NavyChief.com, RideSmart, Pirelli Tires, OnRoad OffRoad, MotoLiberty, Alien Motion, Tank Tredz, DFWSportbikes.org

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    A lot of people “hear” things, but the man doing the schedule is telling everyone the challenges and why this schedule was set. There is no secret motive, this was put together in the best way possible.

You can’t make everyone happy.

I’ll be at all the rounds and thank you for releasing the schedule. I know it’s a difficult task and appreciate how fast this was released!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Klesel View Post
    A lot of people “hear” things, but the man doing the schedule is telling everyone the challenges and why this schedule was set. There is no secret motive, this was put together in the best way possible.

You can’t make everyone happy.

I’ll be at all the rounds and thank you for releasing the schedule. I know it’s a difficult task and appreciate how fast this was released!
    EGGGGGZACTLY!! Thanks Michael

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Smith View Post
    .........I left out San Antonio, Shreveport, OKC, and Tulsa cause they are just screwed no matter where we go.
    And Kansas City. But I still think CMRA is the best club around. I just can't do the driving to most of the distant rounds anymore. Hoping to see my race family at Hallett and Cresson.