Thread: A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R

Cool A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Dear CMRA License Holders,

On Tuesday, November 17th I tendered my resignation as President of the CMRA Board of Directors.
    In my 26 years holding a CMRA license, 12 have been spent serving on the BoD.

This change has everything to do with my needing to devote time and energy to my family and other matters and zero to do with the CMRA operations, status…..
    Our current/incoming Board is strong, with several who helped successfully guide the organization through extremely challenging times.
    The Staff led by Walter, continues to demonstrate they are the “best in the business” and Autumn has done a great job adding administrative duties to her workload.

A nomination period will be opened shortly to fill my remaining term. I encourage all eligible license holders to consider “tossing in their hat” for the final two years of my term.
    Keeping count, in 2020 I had no less than 12 CMRA license holders approach me in the paddock with ideas for helping the club in one way or another. Additionally, I have also seen and heard the CMRA is operated by a “good ol’ boys club”. Based on my tenure, I’m a suspected member. So BREAK THE TREND, STEP UP. If you love the sport, HELP MAKE IT BETTER!

Thanks for the opportunity to have served and I look forward to seeing everyone @ MSRH in February. I’ll be behind the wall in the Village Idiot pits and hopefully with an R6 on the grid at some point!

Happy Holidays to all.
    Harry Tomlinson
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Harry, thank you for your many years of service to the benefit of the CMRA. You (and a handful of other members) have gone above and beyond over the years to ensure that the CMRA is still around so that everyone else can enjoy the opportunity to race motorcycles in the best club in the country.

I must have missed the announcement about the results of this past Board of Directors election. Who is currently serving on the Board and how do members access their contact info?

Thanks again for all you’ve done!
    Nancy Selleck
    Retired CMRA Administrator (October 2002 - March 2009, March 2010 - July 2018)

Thanks for your service, Harry.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks, Harry for your hard work. It takes a lot of time, dedication and some thick skin to hammer through in that position. You were an excellent example of a leader and the membership was certainly lucky to have you.

THANKS!!!
    Allen Dye

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks for your service to the club.

And 2nd Nancy's comment re: where are the BOD election results from October or November? I can't find them.

Thanks!
    Last edited by David Branyon; 12-03-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Quote Originally Posted by David Branyon View Post
    Thanks for your service to the club.

And 2nd Nancy's comment re: where are the BOD election results from October or November? I can't find them.

Thanks!
    Multiple announcements were made at riders briefings explaining that there were two seats on the Board of Directors coming open and only two nominees accepting nominations. Those nominees were Ryan Rutkowski and Josh Henke.

Ryan Rutkowski was reelected to a second 3 year term.
    Josh Henke was elected to a 3 year term.

We are currently in the 10 day Nomination period to fill the Board of Directors seat that was left open by Harry Tomlinson's resignation. That Nomination period ends at 9:00am on Friday December 4th.

The Board of Directors will meet on Sunday December 6th to select a Director from the current nominees to serve the remaining two years of Harry Tomlinson's term.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks. I'm sure I heard that a few months ago and then forgot.

Sent using Tapatalk
    David B.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thank you Harry Tomlinson for your service to the CMRA!

A man who ALWAYS put the Club and proper procedure over his private wants! I will cherish serving with you Harry. It has been fun growing up with your family over the decades!!!