Thread: Safety Wire Questions

Status
    Novice
    Bike #

Safety Wire Questions

I'm preparing a BMW F800S for some select races. I have questions concerning safety wiring the rear axle bolt and rear brake caliper. This bike has a very unique rear single side swingarm and brake set up. I need to see if I can get an email address for someone who will be inspecting the bike at the track so I can send some pictures for clarification on what will be accepted. I do not want to arrive at the track and fail tech inspection because it doesn't meet the criteria specified in the rule book. I don't have an Iphone and can't figure out how to post pics on here. Thanks for any assistance.

Status
    Novice
    Bike #
    Thanks for responding Michael. I can email Walter but I would prefer to have someone that is going to perform tech look at the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pearson View Post
    Thanks for responding Michael. I can email Walter but I would prefer to have someone that is going to perform tech look at the pics.
    Walter is the be all end all. If your bike has/needs an exception, Walter will be the one to give it and make sure that whoever is working in tech knows about it. If there is something odd or special that needs to be done he will likely have a safe solution as well.
    Last edited by Michael De Simone; 02-04-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pearson View Post
    Walter is our race director. All race day staff, which includes the tech inspector, report to Walter. Like Michael said, if Walter gives the okay and says you’re good to go, there will not be anyone at the track that is going to tell you differently.
    CMRA #75
    TipToes and Tonka Trucks Endurance #75
    Special thanks to R&R Tool and Die, G-Baby Racing, Cafe Racer