Thread: Big feet problems

Status
    Expert
    Bike #

Big feet problems

Here come all the jokes about guys with big feet. I can tell you it is absolutely true and I have references.

I'm a size 15 US, which means I can't find decent race-quality boots to fit me. Alpinestars Super-Tech size's are so far off normal I can almost fit into a 48 EUR (12.5US) (I say almost because at MSRH, I couldn't get them on). I have a set of TCX boots which fit me a little better, but basically crush my toes - they also don't look like they are proper top-of-the-line race-level boots in terms of protection, so I don't like wearing them.

SIDI don't make my size, neither do Forma.

Has anyone else got the same problem as me and what boots do you use?
    Rab McNaught #430
    2022 Race Bikes: 2021 KTM Super Duke R, 2020 Yamaha R1, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (endurance)
    Former BoD member: 2018 to 2021

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab McNaught View Post
    Here come all the jokes about guys with big feet. I can tell you it is absolutely true and I have references.

I'm a size 15 US, which means I can't find decent race-quality boots to fit me. Alpinestars Super-Tech size's are so far off normal I can almost fit into a 48 EUR (12.5US) (I say almost because at MSRH, I couldn't get them on). I have a set of TCX boots which fit me a little better, but basically crush my toes - they also don't look like they are proper top-of-the-line race-level boots in terms of protection, so I don't like wearing them.

SIDI don't make my size, neither do Forma.

Has anyone else got the same problem as me and what boots do you use?
    I totally feel you. I normally wear 14 or 15's US depending on the brand. I wanted to get Forma boots but they don't go big enough. I ended up getting Alpinestars SMX Plus V2 (poor man's Super tech R) in size 48 and they are great. They're on the tight side, 49 would probably be ideal, but they aren't uncomfortably small. I wonder if the Super tech R's are just harder to get on because of the extra stiffness? I'm not sure. But the SMX Plus V2 still have the 2-piece boot where you tighten the liner and exterior separately. I have no complaints with them and they seem plenty protective to me. If you'll be at Hallett you're more than welcome to try them on.

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    Thanks. I appreciate it. I think I have a pair of SMX also and think I could get into them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rab McNaught #430
    2022 Race Bikes: 2021 KTM Super Duke R, 2020 Yamaha R1, 2022 Yamaha R7, 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (endurance)
    Former BoD member: 2018 to 2021

Status
    Expert
    Bike #
    43R
    Due to a severe foot injury I were 12 4E. I had a very hard time finding boots after that. Alpinestar and Joe Rocket used to have a wide with boot.
    Walter Walker
    Director of Competition
    254-717-6848
    walter@cmraracing.com
    CMRA Ex #43r
    Member since 1990
    (NOT mean and unapproachable)